These Slow Cooker Mississippi Sloppy Joes are always a hit! Crowd-pleasing and easy
these are perfect for a quick dinner or any get-together.
Slow Cooker Mississippi Sloppy Joes are such a crowd-pleaser and easy to make right in the slow cooker.
I always love finding easy but comforting dinners that the whole family will love and that is why I love these Slow Cooker Mississippi Sloppy Joes. This is such an easy weeknight dinner that is always a family favorite.
Ground beef, ranch mix, brown gravy mix, sliced pepperoncinis, and butter make up these delicious sloppy joes with a secret ingredient that keeps them from being too sloppy!
These are amazing in little slider buns or piled high on soft brioche buns. You can also eat this over rice or mashed potatoes!
You can also add sliced onions or garlic to the slow cooker while these cook.
This is such a crowd-pleasing meal that takes minutes to prepare and slow cooks until everything is nice and flavorful. Your house will smell amazing.
Don’t worry about these being too spicy, the pepperoncini are pretty mild but if you want the dish even milder you substitute the pepperoncini juice for water or use fewer pepperoncini.
These Slow Cooker Mississippi Sloppy Joes are going into our weekly rotation for sure!
You have to try this recipe I know you will love it!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast
- Great weeknight meal
- Slow Cooker meal
How to make these Slow Cooker Mississippi Sloppy Joes
- Full recipe below.
- Brown and drain your ground beef.
- Add the beef to the slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker add the oatmeal to the meat and stir.
- Mix the ranch dressing mix, brown gravy mix, ketchup, worcheshiresauce, brown sugar, pepperoncini juice and water, stir to combine.
- Add the sauce to the slow cooker and add in the pepperocinis and stir.
- Slice the butter and add to the top of the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve on soft brioche buns.
Ingredients you need
- Full recipe below
- Lean ground beef- I like to use the lean for less grease
- Ranch dressing mix- This is where the flavor comes from
- Brown gravy mix- This helps thicken and adds flavor
- Pepperoncinis- Packs a flavor punch and a little kick
- Quick cooking oatmeal- Helps keep these sloppy joes from falling apart
- Ketchup- Adds a little sweetness and body
- Water- Important to help the oatmeal bind
- Pepperoncini juice- Add moisture and flavor to the dish
- Worcestershire sauce- Deepens flavor
- Brown sugar- Adds sweetness
- Butter- Adds richness
- Buns- Use your favorite!
This is the slow cooker I like to use – Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker
Can I use any other meat?
Yes! You could use ground turkey or chicken if you like.
Can I add more spice?
If you want even more spice you can add jalapenos or red chili flakes.
What can I add to this?
You can add sliced onions to the slow cooker or fresh mushrooms.
How to store the leftovers?
Just store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How should I serve These Slow Cooker Mississippi Sloppy Joes?
I like to serve these on soft butter brioche buns or slider buns but it is also fabulous over rice and mashed potatoes.
Want more sloppy joe recipes? Check out these!
- ● 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ● 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- ● 1 (0.87 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- ● 1 cup sliced pepperocinis
- ● ⅓ cup quick cooking oatmeal
- ● ⅓ cup ketchup
- ● ¾ cup water
- ● ½ cup pepperoncini juice
- ● 1 tablespoon worcheshire sauce
- ● 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ● 6 tablespoons butter
- ● Buns
1. Brown and drain your ground beef.
2. Add the beef to the slow cooker.
3. To the slow cooker add the oatmeal to the meat and stir.
4. To a small bowl add the ranch dressing mix, brown gravy mix, ketchup, worcheshire sauce, brown sugar, pepperoncini juice and water, stir to combine.
5. Add the sauce mix to the slow cooker and add in the pepperocinis and stir.
6. Slice the butter and add to the top of the meat mixture.
7. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
8. Serve on soft brioche buns.
● You can make these into sliders too!
● Add more or less pepperoncinis depending on your family’s taste.
● This is also great over rice.
● You can add diced onion or garlic to the slow cooker too!