It is getting to be my favorite season..FALL!!! I absolutely love everything about fall, the chill in the air, pulling your quilts and boots out and it’s finally chilly enough to whip up some of those hearty, comforting, warm dinners.
This time of year everyone is dusting off their slow cookers and my bloggy friend Dana from This Silly Girl’s Life and I decided now is the perfect time to share some our favorite slow cooker recipes with yall!
So my slow cooker recipe this week is Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs. This recipe is really great and simple, you can make and brown the meatballs the night before, morning of, or even way ahead of time and freeze them till you need them. I usually make a double batch of the meatballs at once and freeze the extra for a super quick dinner another night.
I thicken the sauce with a slurry of milk and cornstarch before serving then I ladle it over hot egg noodles for super yummy dinner!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 T grated onion
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 26 oz beef stock
- 16 ox sour cream
- 5 T cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Mix the breakfast sausage, ground beef, grated onion, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup milk and some salt and pepper together and form into balls.
- Brown the balls in a skillet. If putting meatballs right into crockpot you do not have to worry about cooking them all the way through. If you are making the meatballs ahead of time or to put in freezer I would cook them all the way through.
- In the slow cooker whisk the beef stock and sour cream together.
- Add the meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 or high 4-6
- When ready to serve mix 5T of cornstarch with 1 1/2 cups cold milk and whisk into slow cooker. Once thick salt and pepper to taste and serve over egg noodles.
I really hope you give this recipe a try, it is a family favorite around here!
Want even MORE slow cooker recipes? Check back each Tuesday where we will be posting new slow cooker recipes or you can check out some of my other slow cookers recipes below!