These Slow Cooker Korean Beef Sloppy Joes are my favorite ones ever! Ground beef, garlic, scallions, brown sugar, soy sauce and a few secret ingredients make a new twist on a classic. These will be your family’s new favorite for sure!
Slow Cooker Korean Beef Sloppy Joes are such a crowd pleaser and easy to make right in the slow cooker.
I love making sloppy joes and I especially love making them in the slow cooker. This is such an easy weeknight dinner that is always a family favorite.
Garlic, soy sauce, scallions, ketchup and brown sugar make up these delicious sloppy joes and the secret ingredients cola soda and oatmeal!!
Yes I know it sounds a little strange to add cola to this but I use a little cola in all my korean beef recipes and it just adds an extra bit of sweetness and tenderness.
Now the oatmeal is my go to secret weapon for making sloppy joes. You want your sloppy joes sloppy but not TOO sloppy and that is where my friend oatmeal comes in! I just toss a little quick cooking oatmeal to this recipe and it cooks right in the sauce and helps thicken up the sloppy joes and no one will ever know it’s there!
We love piling this Slow Cooker Korean Beef Sloppy Joe on soft brioche buns but it is also fabulous over rice. And the leftovers are amazing!
These are going in our sloppy joe rotation for sure!
You have to try this recipe I know you will love it!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast
- Perfect for parties
- Great weeknight meal
- Family friendly
How to make these Slow Cooker Korean Beef Sloppy Joes
- Full recipe below.
- Brown your ground beef.
- Add the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add your garlic, scallions, soy sauce, brown sugar, oatmeal, cola soda and ketchup.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, stirring once or twice.
Ingredients you need
- Full recipe below
- Lean ground beef- I like to use lean but you can use what your family likes
- Garlic- minced, you can use fresh or jarred
- Scallions- these give this dish a subtle onion flavor
- Low sodium soy sauce-Use your favorite but I like to use low sodium for sure
- Brown sugar- this gives the sloppy joes their sweetness
- Quick cooking oatmeal- this helps bind the sloppy joes so they aren’t too sloppy
- Cola soda- Coke or Pepsi will work, I am not sure if diet will work
- Ketchup- this provides some body and sauce to the sloppy joes
- Buns- I like to use soft brioche buns
- Scallions for garnish- Sprinkle a few on before serving
This is the slow cooker I like to use – Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker
Can I use any ground meat?
Yes! I use lean ground beef but feel free to use ground chicken, ground turkey or even ground pork!
Can I add vegetables?
I think some onion, red bell pepper or green bell pepper would be a fabulous addition.
How can I spice this up?
Red chili flakes, jalapenos or sriracha are a quick way to add a little heat to this dish.
How to store the leftovers?
Just store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Want more Sloppy Joe recipes? Check out these!
- 1 ½ pounds stew beef
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onion
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- In your slow cooker mix the stew beef, peppers and onion, beef broth and au jus mix together.
- Slow cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 on low until the meat is tender.
- Right before serving top with the provolone cheese slices and put the lid back on until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!
- I like to serve this on thick slices of italian bread but it is fabulous over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.
- Keep an eye on your slow cooker, they all cook very differently. If the sauce starts to thicken too much before the meat is done add a little water. If the meat is tender and there is too much sauce, just pour a little out.
- You can use fresh onions and peppers if you like.
- Add some jalapenos for a kick if you like!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 569Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 845mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 71g