Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Ribs cook right in the slow cooker so no need to heat up the kitchen. Full of sweet pineapple flavor, these tender ribs are great!
Hey guys!! It is summer!! Summer means cook outs, BBQs and get togethers around the grill. Summer also means long sunny days, long sunny HOT days and this mama doesn’t really love the heat. That is why I love using my slow cooker to make these Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Ribs.
I do love a good rib dinner in the summer. They just go perfectly together. But summer and a hot kitchen or a long time in front of the hot grill isn’t always my idea of fun.
So when I want a super quick, fail proof way to make tender fall off the bone bbq ribs, I reach for my slow cooker and they come out perfect every time.
You only really need 3 ingredients to make these slow cooker ribs but I add a couple spices in with the ribs while they are cooking.
These ribs are so easy to make and so delicious you will be making them every week!
I just put the ribs in my slow cooker with a sprinkle of onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, pineapple juice from the crushed pineapple, a splash of apple cider vinegar and a splash of liquid smoke (optional).
After they slow cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 they are fall off the bone tender and I pop them on a cookie sheet and brush them with the BBQ sauce.
I just mix my favorite BBQ sauce and some crushed pineapple. I make sure to get the ribs all coated before putting them under the broiler for a few minutes to caramelize.
These are so delicious!!! And so quick!! Just a few minutes in the morning to get everything in the crockpot then a few more minutes after cooking to broil and dinner is ready!!
These are soo tender I almost couldn’t photograph them because they just wanted to fall right off the bone, yum!!
So this summer make these Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Ribs and you will have a super delicious dinner without heating up the house.
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast
- Perfect for entertaining
- Weeknight dinner
How to make this these slow cooker ribs
- Full recipe below.
- Place the ribs in your slow cooker
- Add the vinegar, pineapple juice and water
- Sprinkle the ribs with onion powder, garlic salt and pepper.
- Cook ribs on high for 4 hours or low 6-8 hours
- Remove ribs and place on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Mix the bbq sauce with the crushed pineapple and brush onto ribs
- Broil under oven broiler for 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients you need
- Full recipe below
- 2-3 pound Ribs- You can use any bone in ribs you like.
- Onion powder- provides flavor
- Garlic salt- I like to use the kind with parsley in it.
- Pepper- I like to use fresh ground
- Apple cider vinegar- this helps tenderize the meat and adds a little flavor
- Liquid smoke- this is totally optional but provides great flavor
- Bbq sauce- you can use your favorite brand
- Crushed pineapple- you will need to use the pineapple and the juice from the can
This is the slow cooker I like to use –Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker
Can I use any cut of ribs
Yes! You can use any bone in ribs you like, if they don’t fit into your slow cooker you can cut them in half.
Can I use beef ribs?
Yes, beef ribs would also be delicious in this.
What can I add to this?
You can add red pepper flake, sriracha or jalapenos if you want to add a little kick!
How to store the leftovers?
Just store this in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How should I serve these crockpot ribs?
This is delicious with some mac and cheese or over rice. I also love serving it with fresh corn on the cob
Want more Slow Cooker recipes? Check out these!