This Slow Cooker Lo Mein is so full of flavor and is even better and more delicious than take out!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein is such a delicious and easy dinner! Chicken, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, garlic and a little red chili flake make a fabulous sauce that comes together with carrots, red bell pepper and snap peas. This is all combined with lo mein noodles for a dinner better than take out!
There is nothing I love more than take out on a busy night! Then I found out I could make our favorite take out lo mein in the slow cooker.
I can just throw everything in the slow cooker and have a delicious meal I promise is better than take out in no time and you can customize it yourself!
Chicken, veggies and a sweet savory sauce cook all day before getting tossed with lo mein noodles.
I love that you can customize this to your family’s taste, make it more spicy, more sweet, more veggies, less veggies, anything your family likes!
And let me tell you, just like takeout this makes for some incredible leftovers. This chicken is a crowd-pleaser and really family-friendly.
Next time you want to order take out just throw these ingredients together and let the slow cooker take care of the rest!
You will want to make this dinner again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Family friendly.
- Budget friendly.
- Full of flavor.
- A set it and forget it meal.
- Perfect for weeknights.
My favorite slow cooker for this recipe is this Hamilton Beach one.
Can I use any chicken?
Yes, you can use chicken breasts or chicken thighs, whichever you prefer.
Can I add other vegetables?
There are many veggies that would be great in this recipe. Broccoli, carrots, green bell pepper or even cabbage would also be fabulous in this.
Can I make this more spicy?
You can add more red pepper flakes or sriracha to give this a kick.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts- You can also use chicken thighs or chicken tenderloins
- Matchstick carrots- I like using these because they are precut and ready to go
- Red bell pepper- You can use red, orange, yellow and green
- Lite soy sauce- Low sodium is best
- Hoisin sauce- This provides some body and flavor to the sauce
- Oyster sauce-This provides some body and flavor to the sauce, but use sparingly
- Brown sugar- This gives the dish it’s sweetness
- Garlic- You can add as much as you like
- Red chili flakes- You can add more or leave out completely
- Sugar snap peas- I like the pop these add
- Scallions- These give this dish a ton of flavor
- Sesame seeds- optional but I love the crunch and flavor
- Lo mein noodles- You can substitute regular spaghetti or linguine noodles
How to make this Chicken Lo Mein
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- Place your chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the veggies.
- Combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook on low for 6 hours or 4 hours on high.
- 15 minutes before you are ready to serve take the chicken out and shred
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and add the sugar snap peas.
- Cook the noodles to the box directions and drain.
- Add the noodles to the slow cooker and toss to coat the noodles.
- Sprinkle on the chopped scallions and some sesame seeds to garnish.
Want more Slow Cooker Take Out? Check these out!
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Slow Cooker Korean Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef
- Slow Cooker Chinese Chicken
- ● 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ● 1 cup matchstick carrots
- ● 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ● ⅔ cup lite soy sauce
- ● ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ● 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ● 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ● 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ● ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ● 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- ● 2 scallions, chopped
- ● Sesame seeds, optional
- ● 14 ounces lo mein noodles
1. Place your chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
2. Place the carrots and sliced red peppers ontop of the chicken.
3. In a mixing bowl combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook on low for 6 hours or 4 hours
5. 15 minutes before you are ready to serve take the chicken out and shred
it. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and add the sugar snap peas.
6. Give everything a stir and place the lid back on for 15 minutes while you
prepare your noodles.
7. Cook the noodles to the box directions and drain.
8. Add the noodles to the slow cooker and toss to coat the noodles.
9. Sprinkle on the chopped scallions and some sesame seeds to garnish.
● You can use whatever vegetables you like. Broccoli, water chestnuts, sliced cabbage or green bell peppers would also be great in this!
● You can add less or more red chili flakes depending on your family’s taste. You can also leave it out totally.
● Lo mein noodles are delicious but if you cannot find them you can substitute linguine noodles.
● Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.