This Hoagie Sub Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for summer!
This is a great spin on that viral Hoagie Dip. I took all the elements of that delicious dip and added a few more veggies and pasta to create the best pasta salad ever!! This will be a big
hit at any get together and is perfect for those upcoming warmer months!
There is nothing I love more an easy summer side dish that I can just throw together quickly that gets better as it is sits.
I love that this pasta salad comes together in minutes and it just packed full of flavor and delicious ingredients. Whenever I find a new summer side dish that can be made ahead I love it!
Summer is full of cookouts and bbqs and pool parties and this sub pasta salad is always a hit. A change up from the classic pasta salad that you are used to.
This pasta salad is full of flavor and a true make ahead dish. The longer this sits the better and better it gets. This can definitely be made the day before, I would just leave out the spinach until right before serving so that it does not get soggy.
I love that you can customize this to your taste and likes. You can switch up the meats, switch up the veggies, make it spicy, you can totally make this recipe your own.
This pasta salad makes a ton and can easily be doubled if you are serving a crowd. It is perfect for all those summer parties and everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
Next time you want a spectacular side dish that will wow everyone try this pasta salad! It is sure to impress.
I promise the whole party will love this Hoagie Sub Pasta Salad.
You will want to make this pasta salad again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Family friendly.
- Make ahead dish.
- Full of flavor.
- Totally customizable.
Can I use any lunch meat?
Yes, you could use any combination of lunch meat you like. I love the flavor the pepperoni and salami give this pasta but feel free to swap it out with your favorite. You can do any lunch meat you have on hand.
Can I switch up the cheese?
Of course!! Use cheddar, pepperjack, colby whatever you like. You can even change the way you cut it, use slices, shreds or cubes.
Can I change the pasta shape?
Definitely. I would just go with a short pasta cut.
Can I make this more spicy?
You can add red pepper flakes or jalapenos.
● Tri colored rotini- use your favorite short pasta
● Cucumber- I like to peel and dice it small
● Green bell pepper- You can substitute this for any color pepper
● Red bell pepper- I love the pop of color this gives the pasta
● Cherry tomatoes- You can leave these out or use a large tomato you dice
● Red onion- I prefer the red onion in a dish like this as opposed to a white onion.
● Fresh spinach- chopped
● Sweet and hot salad peppers- you can sub out pepperoncini but I really love these sweet and hot peppers
● Deli ham- You can use whatever flavor you like
● Salami- this adds great flavor to the pasta
● Pepperoni- you can use sliced deli or cubed
● Provolone cheese- I love to use smoked provolone but use your favorite cheese
● Mayonnaise- This is the base for the dressing
● Italian dressing- I like to use the zesty kind
● Italian seasoning- the dry seasoning
● Black pepper- for flavor
● Parmesan cheese- I love this in my pasta salads
● Parsley- optional but gives a little flavor and color
How to make this sub pasta salad
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, cucumber, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, spinach, salad peppers, salami, pepperoni, ham and cheese.
- In a smaller bowl combine the mayonnaise, dressing, italian seasoning, black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and vegetables and toss to combine.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with parsley, optional.
Want more Summer Side Dishes? Check these out!
1. In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, cucumber, green bell pepper, ● You can use any kind of pasta you like.
red bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, spinach, salad peppers, salami, pepperoni, ham and cheese.
2. In a smaller bowl combine the mayonnaise, dressing, italian seasoning,
black pepper and parmesan cheese.
3. Pour the dressing over the pasta and vegetables and toss to combine.
4. Chill for 4 hours before serving.
5. Garnish with parsley, optional.
● You can add any vegetables you like.
● You can switch up the meats as well.
● Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
1. In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, cucumber, green bell pepper,
● You can use any kind of pasta you like.