These slow cooker beef sandwiches are amazing, new family favorite!
These Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches are going to be your new favorite dinner!
Tender beef just fall apart in a rich bbq sauce. Pile this high on soft buns with cheese and you will have one delicious sandwich.
There is nothing I love more an easy dinner that I can just throw in the slow cooker that everyone will love and these bbq beef subs fit the bill.
I love that I can just throw everything in the slow cooker and have a delicious, flavorful dinner that everyone really enjoys. Whenever I find a dinner that everyone in my house eats I get excited! And for it to be in the slow cooker? That’s a double win!
This meat just falls apart it is so tender. It slow cooks all day to perfection in seasonings and bbq sauce. Then it gets piled high on soft buns with melty cheese. These are the best bbq sandwiches!
I love that you can customize this to your family’s taste, make it spicy, sweeter, add your favorite seasonings, you can totally make this recipe your own.
Can we also take a minute to talk about how budget-friendly this dinner is? Everyone is feeling the pinch with the grocery bill right now and this dinner only requires a few ingredients and makes plenty for leftovers. Grilled cheeses with this beef the next day are amazing! So this is a fabulous dinner when you are trying to stretch your dollar.
Next time you want a family-friendly dinner even the pickiest kids will love throw these ingredients together and let the slow cooker take care of the rest!
I promise your whole family will love these Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches.
You will want to make this dinner again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Family friendly.
- Budget friendly.
- Full of flavor.
- A set it and forget it meal.
- Perfect for weeknights.
My favorite slow cooker for this recipe is this Hamilton Beach one.
Can I use a different protein?
Yes, you could use boneless skinless chicken thighs or a pork roast and shred them at the end of cooking and they will be just as delicious!
What should I serve this with?
I love this served with fries or onion rings but it is also great with this Bacon Pimento Cheese Potato Salad. I also like serving this on baked potatoes or white rice.
Can I make this spicy?
You can add red pepper flakes, jalapenoes or sriracha to give this a kick.
● Beef roast- I use a 2-3 pound roast.
● Black pepper- For flavor
● Smoked paprika- I like to use the smoked because it adds a great smoky flavor.
● Onion powder- You can use the powder or the minced kind.
● Garlic salt- You can substitute garlic powder if that is what you have on hand.
● Cajun seasoning- You could make this optional based on your family but I love the flavor it gives the legs.
● BBQ sauce- Use your favorite brand.
How to make these Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- In a small bowl combine the onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, paprika, and cajun seasoning.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the roast.
- Place the roast into the slow cooker.
- Pour 1 cup bbq sauce over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until it falls apart with a fork.
- Shred the meat and add the remaining 1 cup of bbq sauce to the slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Serve on sub buns with sliced cheddar cheese if you prefer.
Want more Slow Cooker Sandwiches? Check these out!
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Gyros
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken Sandwiches
- ● 2 pounds beef roast
- ● 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ● 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ● 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ● 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ● ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- ● 2 cups bbq sauce
- ● Buns
- ● Cheddar cheese, optional
1. In a small bowl combine the onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, paprika, and cajun seasoning.
2. Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the roast.
3. Place the roast into the slow cooker.
4. Pour 1 cup bbq sauce over the roast.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until it falls apart with a
6. Shred the meat and add the remaining 1 cup of bbq sauce to
the slow cooker, stir to combine.
7. Serve on sub buns with sliced cheddar cheese if you prefer.
● Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
● You can spice this up by adding red pepper flakes or jalapenos, even
● Crispy onions makes a fabulous topper for these.
● You can also make these into amazing sliders.