This funfetti dip is the perfect sweet treat for Easter, adorable and delicious!
This is going to be the cutest dessert at your Easter table. This Bunny Butt Funfetti Dip is so adorable. Made with cream cheese and strawberry cake mix it is perfect for dipping cookies. A quick coat of shredded coconut gives this bunny his fur. So cute and yummy!
There is nothing I love more during the holidays than a cute dessert treat. This bunny butt dip is the perfect dessert or appetizer for your Easter table. With the great strawberry cake flavor, coconut fur and cream cheese base this dip is as delicious as it is adorable.
This will be a hit with kids and adults and it is super impressive but actually easy to make.
Now there is a little concern over whether you can consume raw cake mix, even in it’s dry form so for that I suggest placing the cake mix for this recipe in a large mixing bowl and microwaving it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in-between until it is 160 degrees. You can also spread it out on a baking sheet and bake it for 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
You can easily double this recipe and make a large bunny butt, or even a whole bunny if you are feeling ambitious.
I just love this Bunny Butt Funfetti Dip, the cream cheese and strawberry cake mix are just a spectacular flavor combo that will have everyone coming back for more.
I can’t wait for the holidays so I can make this dip and can’t wait for you to try it, I know it will soon become a Easter tradition in your family too, it is just too perfect for the holiday season.
Can I use other cake mix flavors?
Of course!! Any flavor cake mix you like will work great in this recipe. I suggest lemon or french vanilla for a Springy treat.
Can I substitute the coconut if I don’t like it?
Sure you can! You can skip the coconut and coat the bunny in powdered sugar or shaved white chocolate.
What should I serve this with?
I like serving it with vanilla wafer and graham crackers but any kind of cookies will be great here, even apples would be really good with this dip.
Can I make this ahead of time?
You can make this ahead of time. This will be good to make the day before and it will stay perfect in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cream cheese-You want this softened to be easier to work with.
- Sprinkles- I like to use rainbow jimmies but Easter sprinkles would be great in this!
- White chocolate chips- These provide a sweet pop to this dip.
- Strawberry cake mix- You can use any flavor you like, I like the strawberry because it’s such a cute color.
- Sugar- Adds a little sweetness.
- Shredded sweetened coconut- this gives the bunny his cute fur
- 6-8 pink M&Ms- These are for his little feet pads
- Vanilla wafers and graham crackers
How to make this Bunny Butt Dip
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar and cake mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the cream cheese mixture for about an hour.
- Separate mixture into one large ball, two medium size balls, and one small ball.
- Form the 2 medium balls into a slight triangle shape.
- Roll each ball into the shredded coconut pressing it into them.
- Assemble the bunny and press the m&ms into his feet to make the little bunny pads.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with graham crackers and vanilla wafers.
Want more Easy Easter Recipes? Check these out!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ● 1/2 cup multicolored sprinkles
- ● 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- ● 1 cup strawberry cake mix
- ● 2 tablespoons sugar
- ● 7 ounces shredded sweetened coconut
- ● 6-8 pink M&Ms
- ● Vanilla wafers and graham crackers
1. To a medium mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sugar and
cake mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
2. Stir in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
3. Refrigerate the cream cheese mixture for about an hour.
4. Separate mixture into one large ball, two medium size balls, and one small ball.
5. Form the 2 medium balls into a slight triangle shape.
6. Roll each ball into the shredded coconut pressing it into them.
7. Assemble the bunny and press the m&ms into his feet to make the little bunny pads.
8. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
9. Serve with graham crackers and vanilla wafers.
10. Serve with vanilla wafers.
● You can use your favorite flavor cake mix.
● You can also use any sprinkles you like.
● You can skip the coconut and roll the balls into powdered sugar or shaved
● Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.