This Bunny Munch is so delicious and such a cute treat for Easter! Funfetti cake mix coats this Bunny Munch that is full of treats like M&Ms and chocolate eggs.
This Bunny Munch is so cute and a great treat for Easter!
I love making sweet treats for the holidays and Easter has all the pretty pastels that make the prettiest desserts. This Bunny Munch is adorable for Spring and delicious!
Funfetti cake mix coats rice cereal and gets mixed with all sorts of delicious candies like M&Ms, pastel mini marshmallows and everyone’s favorite Easter treat Mini Cadbury Eggs.
You can make a big batch of this and set it out on your dessert table but it also makes a perfect present. You can fill up cellophane bags and hand them out to the kids in your family or give away as treats to your guests.
This Bunny Munch is also super customizable, you can add your own favorite Easter candies.
You can also switch up the cereal or cake mix flavor.
My family loves this sweet mix and yours will too!
You have to try this recipe I know you will love it!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast
- Perfect for entertaining
- Great sweet treat
How to make this Bunny Munch
- Full recipe below.
- Heating your cake mix for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Melt the almond bark until all melted and smooth.
- To the melted chocolate add your cereal and pretzels and stir.
- Place the coated cereal and pretzels in ziploc bags.
- Sprinkle half the powdered sugar and half the cake mix in one bag and the other half in the other bag.
- Add sprinkles, mini marshmallows, M&Ms and Cadbury eggs.
- Shake until everything is coated.
Ingredients you need
- Full recipe below
- Square rice cereal- I like to use the rice cereal but you can use whatever flavor you like
- Mini pretzel twists- You could use sticks too if you like, they provide a salty kick to the sweet.
- White almond bark- This melts the best, chocolate chips do not work the same.
- Funfetti cake mix- This provides the cake flavor and some cute sprinkles.
- Powdered sugar- Helps coat the cereal.
- Fruit mini marshmallows- These are so pretty in this mix and flavorful!
- Pastel M&Ms- I get these from the Easter section at the store.
- Mini Cadbury Eggs- The best!!
- Easter sprinkles- You can also use rainbow sprinkles if you like.
This is the almond bark I like to use –Great Value Almond Bark
These are the sprinkles I use- Easter Sprinkles
Can I use any other cereal?
Yes! You could use wheat chex, corn chex or even Cheerios.
Can I use white chocolate chips?
You could in a pinch but I find they do not melt as well as the almond bark.
What can I add to this?
You can add any of your favorite candies to this mix, chocolate chips, peanut butter eggs, Robin’s Eggs, anything you like!
How to store the leftovers?
Just store this in an airtight container for up to a week.
How should I serve this Bunny Munch?
I like keeping a bowl of it out around Easter but when entertaining I place a large bowl of this out. I also package up individual servings for handing out to guests or filling Easter baskets.
Want more Easter recipes? Check out these!
- 8 cups square rice cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 pound white almond bark
- 1 1/2 cup funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups fruit mini marshmallows
- 2 cups pastel M&Ms
- 2 cups mini Cadbury Eggs
- Easter sprinkles
- Start by heating your cake mix on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes, set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt your almond bark in 30 second intervals until all melted and smooth.
- To the melted chocolate add your cereal and pretzels and stir to coat all the pieces.
- Place the coated cereal and pretzels in one very large ziploc bag or 2 gallon bags.
- Sprinkle half the powdered sugar in one bag and the other half in the other bag.
- Split the cake mix between the two bag as well.
- Pour your desired amount of sprinkles in each bag.
- Add the mini marshmallows, M&Ms and Cadbury eggs.
- Zip the bags up and shake around until all the cereal is coated with the sugar and cake mix.
● You can add as many sprinkles and M&Ms and candies as you like.
● You could use chocolate almond bark if you like instead of the white almond bark.
● You can store this in an airtight container on the counter for up to 1 week or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.