This Banana Pudding Poke Cake is the best dessert ever!
Everyone loves banana pudding and poke cakes and this recipe combines them both into one amazing dessert. This Ultimate Banana Pudding Poke Cake is the perfect Spring dessert. Yellow cake is poked and filled with a filling of banana pudding, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream. Topped with whipped cream and crushed vanilla wafers this is such an amazing dessert!
There is nothing I love more an easy dessert that I can just throw in my baking dish that everyone will love and poke cakes are always popular.
Poke cakes are always a hit because they are easy to make, a delicious moist cake and they travel well making them perfect to take to potlucks or cookouts.
Poke cakes are exactly as they sound, a cake usually baked in a 9×13 baking dish that is then poked full of holes and then filled with a creamy pudding base or sometimes a jello base. These cakes are then usually topped with a whipped cream topping and served. These are always popular and the first dessert to go off the dessert table.
This banana pudding version is a delicious spin on classic banana pudding and poke cakes. Yellow cake gets filled with a delicious creamy filling of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, banana pudding and whipped topping. This is truly an ultimate version of banana pudding and poke cake. Topped with a crushed vanilla wafers and fresh bananas this is a great spin on a classic.
You will love taking this to all the cookouts this summer and everyone will love you for bringing it, it is always a hit!
I promise your whole family will love this Ultimate Banana Pudding Poke Cake.
You will want to make this dessert again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Family friendly.
- Crowd pleaser.
- Full of flavor.
- Perfect sweet treat.
Can I use any cake and pudding?
Yes, you could use the base of this recipe to create your own ultimate poke cake. Just swap out the cake mix flavor and the pudding flavor and come up with your own combinations.
Can I freeze this?
You can! This cake actually freezes well. Just assemble it as directed and cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Just thaw completely and serve. I would not add any fresh banana to the top until ready to serve as they could turn brown in the freezer.
●Yellow cake mix- use whichever brand is your favorite
● Water, vegetable oil, eggs- use the amounts your box mix calls for.
● Cream cheese- this is what makes the filling amazing!
● Sweetened condensed milk- this also helps make this cake the ultimate!
● Whipped topping- get the frozen kind and thaw it, it is the best for this recipe.
● Instant banana pudding- make sure you are getting the instant one not the cook and serve.
● Milk- to make the pudding with
● Vanilla wafers- don’t skip these! All good banana puddings use vanilla wafers!
● Bananas- I use fresh but you could use banana chips as well.
How to make this banana poke cake
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box and pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon poke hole all over your cake. You want to make the holes fairly large so the filling can get down into them.
- Next prepare the filling.
- In a mixing bowl whip together the softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- In another bowl prepare the banana pudding by mixing with the 2 cups of milk.
- Fold one container of whipped topping into the banana pudding mixture.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture with the pudding mixture.
- Spoon the banana pudding mix on top of the cake making sure it gets down into the holes.
- Cover the top with a layer of whipped cream and crushed vanilla wafers.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh bananas before serving.
Want more delicious desserts? Check these out!
- Pina Colada Cheesecake Bars
- Pig Pickin Tres Leches
- Lime Icebox Cake
- No Bake Caramel Apple Lush
- Cookies and Cream Lush
- Butterscotch Poke Cake
- ● 1 (15.25 oz) box yellow cake mix
- ● 1 cup water
- ● 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- ● 3 large eggs
- ● 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ● 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ● 2 (12 ounce) containers whipped topping
- ● 5 ounce box instant banana pudding
- ● 2 cups of milk
- ● Vanilla wafers for garnish
- ● Bananas for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box and pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
3. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
4. Set aside to cool slightly.
5. Using the end of a wooden spoon poke hole all over your cake. You want to make the holes fairly large so the filling can get down into them.
6. Next prepare the filling.
7. In a mixing bowl whip together the softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
8. In another bowl prepare the banana pudding by mixing with the 2 cups of milk.
9. Fold one container of whipped topping into the banana pudding mixture.
10. Combine the cream cheese mixture with the pudding mixture.
11. Spoon the banana pudding mix on top of the cake making sure it
gets down into the holes.
12. Cover the top with a layer of whipped cream and crushed vanilla
13. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
14. Garnish with fresh bananas before serving.
● You can add a layer of fresh banana between the pudding layer and whipped
topping layer if you like.
● You can skip the top layer of whipped cream if you like.
● Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.