These slow cooker steak bites are so tender and delicious!
These Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Steak Bites are amazing!! A perfect quick dinner full of flavor! Steak bites slow cook until tender in a sweet and savory sauce made from honey, bourbon, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic, ketchup and a
little brown sugar. These are delicious and always a crowd pleaser!
There is nothing I love more an easy dinner that I can just throw in the slow cooker that everyone will love and these steak bites are perfect.
I love that I can just throw everything in the slow cooker and have a delicious, flavorful dinner that everyone really enjoys. Whenever I find a dinner that everyone in my house eats I am happy! And for it to be in the slow cooker? That’s a double win!
These slow cooker steak bites are so flavorful and delicious, I could not believe it! These cook up in a flavorful sauce of honey, bourbon, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic.
I love that you can customize this to your family’s taste, make it spicy, sweeter, add your favorite seasonings, you can totally make this recipe your own.
Can we also take a minute to talk about what a crowd-pleaser this meal is? Everyone I have every served this to has fallen in love with it. The flavor is so delicious, the sauce is perfect for spooning over rice.
Next time you want a family-friendly dinner even the pickiest kids will love throw these ingredients together and let the slow cooker take care of the rest!
I promise your whole family will love these Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Steak Bites.
You will want to make this dinner again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Family friendly.
- Full of flavor.
- A set it and forget it meal.
- Perfect for weeknights.
- Great for entertaining.
My favorite slow cooker for this recipe is this Hamilton Beach one.
Can I use any steak?
Yes, you can use sirloin steak, london broil, cut up a chuck roast or even use stew beef.
What should I serve this with?
I love this over mashed potatoes, mac and cheese or white rice but it is also great served with this Bacon Pimento Cheese Potato Salad.
Can I make this more spicy?
You can add red pepper flakes or sriracha to give this a kick.
● Steak cut into bite-size pieces- You can use sirloin, london broil, chuck roast or even stew beef.
● Bourbon- Use a good quality bourbon, you can also substitute it for apple juice.
● Honey- This is the base of the sauce.
● Brown sugar- This adds a lot of sweetness.
● Ketchup- gives the sauce a little tang.
● Lite soy sauce- Use a low-sodium soy sauce.
● Worcestershire sauce- Provides a rich flavor.
● Garlic- You can use fresh or jarred.
● Black pepper- I like to use fresh ground.
● Apple cider vinegar- this gives the sauce a tang.
● Cornstarch- this helps thicken the sauce.
● Parsley-for garnish
How to make these Steak Bites
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, sear the steak bites quickly. You just want to get a little color on the outside, we are not looking to cook the meat through.
- Add the steak to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine the bourbon, honey, brown sugar, ketchup, lite soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the sauce all over the steak bites.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until the steak bites are fork tender.
- If the sauce is too thin at the end of cooking, combine the water with the cornstarch and stir that into the sauce to thicken it up.
- ● 2 pounds steak cut into bite size pieces (sirloin, london broil, chuck roast or stew beef)
- ● ¼ cup bourbon
- ● ¼ cup honey
- ● ¼ brown sugar
- ● ¼ cup ketchup
- ● ¼ cup lite soy sauce
- ● 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- ● 3 cloves garlic minced
- ● ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ● 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ● 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ● ¼ cup water
- ● Parsley for garnish
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, sear the steak bites
quickly. You just want to get a little color on the outside, we are not looking to cook the meat through.
2. Add the steak to the slow cooker.
3. In a small bowl combine the bourbon, honey, brown sugar,
ketchup, lite soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar.
4. Pour the sauce all over the steak bites.
5. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until the steak bites are fork tender.
6. If the sauce is too thin at the end of cooking, combine the
water with the cornstarch and stir that into the sauce to thicken it up.
● Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
● Add a little red pepper flake for a kick.
● You can substitute the bourbon for apple juice or beef broth if you want to leave it out.
Want more Slow Cooker dinners? Check these out!
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Bites
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites
- Slow Cooker Smothered Hamburgers
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Steak Bites