It’s a new month which means it is time for a new series! This month Dana and I are focusing on cookies. It is the holidays and everyone is looking for new cookie recipes and we are here to help you out. Each week each of us will be sharing a new recipe for a fabulous cookie.
For my first cookie recipe I am sharing my Peppermint Bark Cookies and a secret. The secret to the best chocolate chip cookie dough (which can be the base for a ton of cookies) is instant pudding. Adding instant pudding mix to the dough produces the best cookies, taste wise and texture wise. The cookies are just how I like them, not too chewy, not too crispy and they stay soft.
Now there are a ton of recipes for pudding cookies out there and they are all amazing but I have found cheesecake pudding mix makes the ultimate cookie. It bumps up the buttery cookie dough flavor and makes for amazing cookies that will have everyone begging you for the recipe.
The dough to this is a basic chocolate chip cookie dough recipe that you can add anything too. I went with white chocolate chips and crushed peppermints (did you know you can buy a bag of already crushed peppermints? Amazing!)
After the cookies baked and cooled I drizzled them with more white chocolate and top with extra crushed peppermint. The result is a perfect cookie with a burst of peppermint and white chocolate that just taste just like a bite of the holidays.
So whip up a batch of these for a party, your family, yourself and don’t forget to make some extra for Santa. I have a feeling these would be his favorite too ;)
Peppermint Bark Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3.4 oz. package cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips plus 1 cup for drizzling
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermints extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and crushed peppermint.
- Drop or roll tablespoons of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Melt remaining white chocolate chips in 15 seconds increments in microwave until all melted and smooth.
- Using a fork drizzle white chocolate over top of cookies and immediately top with remaining crushed peppermints.