These Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Bites are a family favorite!! Steak
bites cook up in the slow cooker with peppers and onions, au jus mix and
beef broth before getting covered in melty provolone cheese. This is always a crowd pleaser.
Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Bites are such a crowd pleaser and easy to make right in the slow cooker.
I love making steak bites and I especially love making them in the slow cooker. This is such an easy weeknight dinner that is always a family favorite.
Steak bites and peppers and onions get slow cooked in a rich gravy before getting topped with melty cheese and served on top of soft bread.
This is delicious on thick slices of soft bread but it is also fabulous over rice or mashed potatoes.
You can totally customize this and add red bell peppers, sweet peppers, mushrooms or jalapenos, whatever your family likes.
You can even serve this as philly cheesesteaks and serve this on a sub bun.
These steak bites are going into our weekly rotation for sure!
You have to try this recipe I know you will love it!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast
- Perfect for parties
- Great weeknight meal
- Family friendly
- Slow Cooker meal
How to make these Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Bites
- Full recipe below.
- In the slow cooker mix the stew beef, peppers and onion, beef broth andau jus mix.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 on low until the meat is tender.
- Before serving top with the provolone cheese slices.
Ingredients you need
- Full recipe below
- Stew beef- this meat gets tender and keeps its shape so I love using it for these steak bites
- Frozen peppers and onions- I like using the frozen ones because they get tender in the slow cooker.
- Low sodium beef broth- the low sodium kind prevents this dish from being oversalted
- Au jus mix- this provides great flavor to these steak bites
- Provolone cheese- This cheese melts great and is perfect for this recipe
- Parsley- just there to add a pop of color
This is the slow cooker I like to use – Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker
Can I use any other beef?
Yes! You can cube up a london broil or chuck roast.
Can I add other vegetables?
Jalapenos or mushrooms would be fabulous in this.
How can I spice this up?
Red chili flakes, jalapenos or sriracha are a quick way to add a little heat to this dish.
How to store the leftovers?
Just store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How should I serve these Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Bites?
I love serving them on thick slices of bread but they are also delicious on egg noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.
Want more Slow Cooker recipes? Check out these!
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef
- Crockpot Steak Bites
- 1 ½ pounds stew beef
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onion
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- In your slow cooker mix the stew beef, peppers and onion, beef broth and au jus mix together.
- Slow cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 on low until the meat is tender.
- Right before serving top with the provolone cheese slices and put the lid back on until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!
- I like to serve this on thick slices of italian bread but it is fabulous over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.
- Keep an eye on your slow cooker, they all cook very differently. If the sauce starts to thicken too much before the meat is done add a little water. If the meat is tender and there is too much sauce, just pour a little out.
- You can use fresh onions and peppers if you like.
- Add some jalapenos for a kick if you like!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 569Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 845mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 71g