This is hands down one of my favorite dinners!! It is ridiculously easy, uses the slow cooker which makes it even easier and uses this yummy Mexican Restaurant White Sauce to bring the whole dish together (just be sure to make the sauce the day before).
We eat this pork in soft tortillas with crunchy fried onions (the ones from the can, not just for green bean casserole anymore lol) and then drizzle it with the yummy white sauce and that is heaven on a plate.
However, you could shred the pork and dress it with lettuce, salsa, sour cream and cheese like a regular taco!
I always have a ton of taco seasoning packets one hand because with coupons you can usually get them dirt cheap so I just use 2 or 3 of those in with my pork but you could certainly use your own taco seasoning blend.
Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- 2-3 pound Pork Loin Roast
- 2-3 Taco Seasoning Packets 1 per pound
- 1 T Garlic Salt
- Crunchy Fried Onions the kind in a can, or bag
- White Sauce Link to recipe below
- Place the pork roast, taco seasoning and garlic salt in crockpot and sprinkle roast with pepper.
- Fill with enough water to almost completely cover the roast.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours, low 6-8 hours.
- When pork is tender remove from crock pot and shred.
- Place shredded pork on warmed tortilla and top with crunchy onions and drizzle with the white sauce.
Be sure to click the picture below and head on over to This Silly Girl’s Life and see what she whipped up this week!!
Check out last weeks Slow Cooker Recipes!
Want even MORE slow cooker recipes? Check back each Tuesday where we will be posting new slow cooker recipes or you can check out some of my other slow cookers recipes below!