This 4th Of July Cake is a delicious no bake dessert!
This No Bake Red White Blue Lush is our favorite summer dessert!! It’s no bake which is always great in the summer. You layer a delicious cookie crust with a creamy white layer then you top it with a red cherry layer and a blue raspberry layer before it gets topped with whipped cream and festive sprinkles. This one is always a crowd-pleasing show-stopper!
There is nothing better in the summer than an easy No Bake Dessert that I can just whip together and that everyone will love and this red, white, blue lush is perfect.
There are a ton of cookouts, and bbqs, parties, Memorial Day, the 4th of July, Labor Day all sorts of events in the summer that you might need an impressive and festive dessert for.
Of course who wants to turn on the oven in the summer which is why I love no bake desserts.
My favorite part is that this comes together so quick and is always impressive. This is going to be your go to dessert all summer long! You could use different color jello to suit whatever event you are going to. This red, white blue combo is perfect for all the patriotic holidays this summer.
This fabulous cake starts with a simple cookie crust, a creamy cream cheese layer, a cherry layer and a blue raspberry layer before getting topped with whipped cream and sprinkles.
This is a great dessert for the summer because it is cool, creamy and refreshing. I like that I can make it the night before and have a stunning dessert for any bbq, cookout or potluck this summer.
I always want to bring the best dessert to every gathering and this one has always impressed. It just looks so gorgeous with it’s layers and everyone always loves anything with a cherry and sprinkles on top.
I promise this will be your new go-to dessert all summer!
I promise your whole family will love these No Bake Red White Blue Lush.
You will want to make this dessert again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- No Bake.
- Full of flavor.
- Perfect for summer.
- Great for parties.
Can I freeze this No Bake Red White Blue Lush?
Lush cakes freeze beautifully. Just wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Let them thaw an hour before serving.
What else can I top this with?
I like to top this with sprinkles but it would also be so cute with blueberries and strawberries or cherries on top.
Can I use other cookies for the crust?
Yes! You can use crushed-up vanilla wafers or oreo cookies, just keep the same amount.
- Vanilla Oreo Cookies – You can also use vanilla wafers or graham crackers.
- Butter – Every good dessert starts with butter and this helps bind the crust.
- Cherry Jello – You can also use raspberry or strawberry jello.
- Blue Raspberry Jello – This is for the blue layer.
- Vanilla Instant Pudding – This add the creaminess to this dish.
- Milk- I like to use whole milk but you can use whatever milk you drink.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure this is softened, it makes mixing so much easier.
- Powdered Sugar – This helps sweetened things up.
- Whipped Topping – This is top layer and the white in this red, white, blue dessert.
- Red, White, Blue Sprinkles for Garnish – You can find these in any store or online around the summer.
How to make this 4th of July Cake
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- In your food processor crush all the cookies into crumbs.
- Place the cookies into a large bowl and add the melted butter.
- Stir until well blended.
- Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Next prepare the fillings.
- In small bowl, place the cherry gelatin, and add ⅓ cup boiling water.
- Whisk together until combined and most of the gelatin is dissolved.
- Repeat with the blue gelatin.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk until combined.
- Whisk half the pudding mixture into the cherry gelatin and half the pudding mixture into the blue gelatin.
- In large bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 1 container of whipped topping.
- Spread over cookie crust.
- Spread the red layer ontop of that and the blue layer on top of the red, carefully so you dont mix them.
- Use the rest of the whipped topping to top the gelatin layer.
- Garnish sprinkles.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Want more 4th Of July Recipes? Check these out!
- 4th of July Chocolate Covered Fruit
- 4th of July Bark
- Slaw Dogs
- Fireworks Cupcakes
- 4th Of July Poke Cake
- 36 vanilla oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (3 ounce box) cherry jello
- 1 (3 ounce box) blue raspberry jello
- 2/3 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounce each) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) tubs whipped topping
- Red, White, Blue sprinkles for garnish
1. In your food processor crush all the cookies into crumbs.
2. Place the cookies into a large bowl and add the melted butter.
3. Stir until well blended.
4. Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
5. Next prepare the fillings.
6. In small bowl, place the cherry gelatin, and add ⅓ cup boiling water.
7. Whisk together until combined and most of the gelatin is dissolved.
8. Repeat with the blue gelatin.
9. In medium bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk until combined.
10. Whisk half the pudding mixture into the cherry gelatin and half the pudding mixture into the blue gelatin.
11. In large bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
12. Fold in 1 container of whipped topping.
13. Spread over cookie crust.
14. Spread the red layer ontop of that and the blue layer on top of the red, carefully so you dont mix them.
15. Use the rest of the whipped topping to top the gelatin layer.
16. Garnish sprinkles.
17. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can freeze this to make slicing a little cleaner but it is not necessary.
- This is a great make ahead dessert.
- This looks stunning in a clear glass dish.
- You can pop this in the fridge between layers so make double sure they dont get mixed together but as long as you are careful they should not.