Summer is almost over, eek!! That means time for my favorite season fall!! I love it! For a lot of you fall means back to school and back to school means “holy crap I need easy dinner ideas stat!”
Nothing gets more comforting and more easy than this Meatball Sub Bubble Up Bake. Just four ingredients and few minutes and you are ready to pop this dish of comfort in the oven.
This dinner is satisfying, warm, comforting and most importantly quick, easy and a crowd pleaser. Plus it requires no planning ahead, you just pull some meatballs out of the freezer and crack open a can of biscuits.
Now I usually make my own meatballs for things but I noticed the majority of you ask if you can substitute frozen meatballs so I used frozen in this recipe, but you can use either.
So first you just pop open a can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits and cut each one into 8ths. Then just stir all the biscuits around with a cup and a half to 2 cups of sauce. You can mix the sauce and biscuits in a bowl or right in the pan, the pan method saves on dishes lol.
Then you just top the biscuits with the meatballs, as many as you like.
Sprinkle the whole thing with shredded mozzarella and pop into a 375 oven for about 30-40 minutes.
Voila, dinner is served and it could not be any simpler or tastier!
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 1 bag frozen meatballs
- 1 1/2 cup to 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Cut the uncooked biscuits into 8ths.
- Place into greased 9x13 dish.
- Cover with sauce, start with 1 1/2 cups, add more if you think it needs a little extra.
- Place the meatballs on top of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake at 375 for about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve to your hungry family!
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!