I don’t know about ya’ll but in our house mexican food is huge. It is my go to dinner, we live for Taco Tuesdays. Enchiladas are particularly popular with my family and my Enchilada Stuffed Shells are wildly popular on Pinterest….
Here in my house we also love pasta. Pasta is great for a quick and easy dinner, it can always feed a crowd and everyone loves pasta. So I decided to do another pasta/enchilada mash-up with this quick Enchilada Spaghetti and Meatballs.
This recipe is super super simple and delicious!! I just start with a pound of lean ground beef that I mix with a packet of taco seasoning. Feel free to use your favorite taco seasoning or your homemade version.
I just roll them into balls and sear them off in a pan. I add a little finely chopped onion to the meatballs and let them saute up and caramelize along side the meatballs.
Once they are all brown I throw in a large can of red enchilada sauce. Again I used store bought but you can use scratch made.
Then I lid the pan and let all that loveliness simmer away.
While that is happening I boil the spaghetti. In this case I found these funky looking swirly spaghetti at Target. I am sure there is a real name for it but I don’t know it so I am just going to stick with swirly spaghetti for now lol.
I then mix the pasta with the sauce and meatballs in the skillet. Top with cheese and scallions, lid it to melt the cheese and bam dinner is done!
Pasta, meatballs, cheese, check, check, yum!
This dinner takes no time and everyone loves it! It is a fun twist on regular spaghetti and meatballs and has that perfect Mexican twist to really flavor up any weeknight dinner! I serve this with a side salad and my family cleans their plates and I get in and out of the kitchen super fast!
Enchilada Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 can 19 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 pound spiraly spaghetti or or regular spaghetti
- Mix the ground beef with the taco seasoning.
- Place meatballs and onion in hot skillet and sear off meatballs while caramelizing the onions.
- Add the enchilada sauce to the skillet, bring to a simmer and cover with lid.
- Meanwhile boil the noodles.
- Drain noodles and add to skillet with sauce and meatballs.
- Toss it all together and top with shredded colby jack and green onions.
- Serve to your happy family!
Don’t forget to head over to Dana’s and check out her Best Mushroom Gravy!
Want more easy dinner ideas? Check these out!
Need even more dinner inspiration? My Pinterest boards are full of easy recipes! Check it out and follow me here