These Christmas Tree Cake Balls are a new twist on everyone’s favorite holiday treat! Christmas Tree Cakes are always popular at Christmas these truffles take them to the next level. You combine the cakes with cream cheese and form them into truffles, dip them into white chocolate and decorate them with the iconic green sprinkles and red drizzle. These are easy to make and always a hit. Perfect for any holiday party!
Tis the season…. for Christmas Tree Cakes!! They are so iconic and we always look forward to them every year. For me seeing those on the shelf just means it is the start of the holiday season.
There is nothing I love more an easy holiday dessert and these Christmas Tree Balls are the easiest! All you need are the cakes, some cream cheese, melting chocolate and you are in business. I love how adorable these are! They are super cute, they look just like the Christmas cakes and making them is easier than you think. Anyone can make these festive little chocolate-covered cake balls.
Of course since we are using the Tree Cakes they have all that Christmas Tree Cake flavor but in little poppable balls. They are always a hit!
What’s even better is these are no-bake! You just mix a couple of ingredients and you are good to go. The longest part of this recipe is waiting for them to freeze so you can dip them.
These are great for the holidays, they make a perfect addition to your holiday dessert table, a perfect gift or are great for a holiday bake sale!
I promise your whole family will love these Christmas Tree Cake Balls.
You will want to make these Christmas Cake Balls again and again! We do!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Perfect for the holidays
- Full of flavor.
- Easy dessert.
- No Bake.
- Festive and fun!
Making these Christmas Cake Balls are so easy!
Just start with a few ingredients.
Combine them in a bowl.
Shape them into little balls and place on a parchment-lined tray.
After chilling the truffles melt your almond bark.
Dip them, drizzle them and sprinkle them!
Can I make these ahead of time?
Of course! You can make these the day before, or you can freeze the balls before dipping in chocolate for up to 3 months ahead of time.
Can I use the chocolate Christmas Tree Cakes?
Of course! They will be just as delicious! And you can use either white or milk chocolate coating for the outside.
How to store these?
Because they do have cream cheese in them I like to store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Christmas Tree Cakes- I like to use the classic vanilla ones but feel free to use the chocolate version too!
Cream cheese- Make sure your cream cheese is softened.
White almond bark- Or white candy melts, do not try to use white chocolate chips, they just do not melt down as well.
Red candy melts- For the classic drizzle.
Green sugar sprinkles- These also give the truffles that iconic look.
How to make these Christmas Tree Cake Balls
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
Into a large bowl whip your cream cheese with an electric mixture.
Add the cakes to the cream cheese mixture and mix with mixer until all combined.
Line a tray with parchment paper and scoop out and roll 24 truffles from the cake mixture.
Set into the freezer to chill for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
Melt the white almond bark in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until smooth and melted.
Using 2 forks dip the truffles into the chocolate gently shaking off the excess and place them back onto the parchment lined tray.
Immediately sprinkle with the green sprinkles while the truffles are still wet.
In a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals melt the red candy melts until smooth and melted.
Place the melted red candy melts into a ziploc bag and snip of a tiny bit of the corner.
Drizzle the red chocolate over the truffles and set aside to set or place into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Want more holiday Desserts? Check these out!
- Fudge Topped Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Rocky Road Candy
- Christmas Crack Candy
- Cranberry Fluff
- Grinch Stained Glass Cookies
- Christmas Lush
- ● 2 (5 count) boxes of Christmas Tree Cakes
- ● 1 (8 ounces) package of cream cheese, softened
- ● 1 pound white almond bark
- ● 1 cup red candy melts
- ● Green sugar sprinkles
1. Into a large bowl whip your cream cheese with an electric mixture.
2. Add the cakes to the cream cheese mixture and mix with mixer until all combined.
3. Line a tray with parchment paper and scoop out and roll 24 truffles from the cake mixture.
4. Set into the freezer to chill for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
5. Melt the white almond bark in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second
intervals until smooth and melted.
6. Using 2 forks dip the truffles into the chocolate gently shaking off the
excess and place them back onto the parchment lined tray.
7. Immediately sprinkle with the green sprinkles while the truffles are still wet.
8. In a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals melt the red candy melts until smooth and melted.
9. Place the melted red candy melts into a ziploc bag and snip of a tiny bit of the corner.
10. Drizzle the red chocolate over the truffles and set aside to set or place into the refrigerator for 10 minutes
● Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge for up 7 days.
● You can use the chocolate Christmas Tree Cakes if you prefer.
● You can top these with just the green sprinkles or red drizzle if you like.
● You can make the truffles ahead of time and keep in a freezer
bag for 3 months before dipping in the chocolate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g