This Rocky Road Candy is so festive for the holidays!
This Christmas Rocky Road Candy is the best, so delicious and festive! White chocolate combines with butter and peppermint extract to create a creamy base for mini marshmallows, candies and macadamia nuts. This is the perfect Christmas treat to serve at parties or give away as gifts.
I love making sweet desserts and candy for the holidays, especially Christmas. I love making easy, festive treats that you can give as gifts or set out on a Christmas dessert platter, and this Rocky Road Candy is always a hit.
This Rocky Road Candy has a unique texture and is full of delicious holiday flavor. It is always such a treat to have and really very easy to make.
The base is a very soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture studded with mini marshmallows, macadamia nuts, and chocolate candies. The white chocolate is flavored with peppermint giving it a great holiday flavor!
You can make these all year round if you prefer, you can change the color of the candies and sprinkles and even the flavor.
This is an impressive candy that is no bake,no thermometer needed, you just mix these ingredients and voila perfect holiday candy.
These are great to set out for all your guests but they also make a fabulous gift.
I promise you will love making this Christmas Rocky Road Candy this holiday season!
This candy is also really pretty on a dessert tray or piled up on a plate waiting for your guests to grab a piece.
Why This Recipes Works
- Great for gifting
- Perfect for entertaining
- Family Friendly
Can I use other chocolate?
Of course! I like to use the white for Christmas but you can definitely use regular chocolate almond bark or semi sweet chips if you like, just keep the amount the same.
What else can I add to these?
You can definitely change up the mix-ins to your favorite things. You can use any of your favorite nuts like peanuts, almond or cashews. You can switch out the chocolate candies for chocolate chips, reeses pieces, or caramel bits.
What other flavorings can I use?
Traditionally these are peppermint flavored but feel free to experiment with your favorite flavorings like vanilla or rum extract.
How long do these stay fresh?
This candy stays fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Or in an airtight container at room temp for up to 5 days.
- White almond bark – You can also use white candy melts.
- Butter – I like to use unsalted.
- Corn syrup – This gives this treat it’s soft texture.
- Peppermint extract – Gives this dessert a lot of holiday flavor.
- Mini marshmallows – If you could find mini peppermint marshmallows they would work too!
- Holiday M&Ms – Add great color and a chocolate pop to these bars.
- Macadamia nuts – Can be substituted for cashews or peanuts.
- Holiday sprinkles – Any you prefer would work perfect here.
How to make Christmas Rocky Road Candy
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- In a medium pot over medium low heat add your butter, almond bark and corn syrup.
- Stir constantly until everything is melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the peppermint extract and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine the marshmallows, M&Ms and macadamia nuts and combine.
- Gently stir in the almond bark mixture.
- Pour the mix into a greased or lined 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
- Sprinkle a few holiday sprinkles over the top.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours until set.
- Slice and serve!
Gather your ingredients.
Melt the chocolate, corn syrup and butter.
Combine the other ingredients.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the top.
Stir to combine.
Pour into a baking dish.
Top with sprinkles and chill.
Want more Christmas treat recipes? Check these out!
- Christmas Crack Candy
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- Christmas Pretzel Bites
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 319mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 7gSugar: 39gProtein: 13g