Hey y’all!! I know some of you might disagree but I am loving this cold weather! There is nothing I love more than a blustery evening where I can prepare a warm meal to curl up on the sofa with.
After a few weeks of stews and soups and casseroles I tend to look for some new inspiration to warm up those chilly evenings.
This Taco Spaghetti Skillet is such a fabulous one pot meal perfect for busy weeknights. This one is always a family favorite.
Being a busy mom and have two little boys this dish was perfect for us! Tacos are my favorite food and there is nothing more comforting that a bowl of spaghetti and to mix the two is just genius!
Can I use beef or chicken?
Yes, you can use ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey or even diced boneless, skinless chicken.
What kind of pasta can I use?
You can use your favorite pasta, elbows would be great, rotini is always a favorite!
What toppings can I use?
Any toppings you use on tacos you can use here, salsa, olives, lettuce, scallions, sour cream, tomatoes, cilantro or diced onions.
How can I give this a little kick?
You can switch out the cheddar for pepperjack cheese, add diced jalapenos, hot sauce or more green chiles.
I forgot my most favorite part, it all cooks in one pot!!!! That means dinner gets done in a snap and clean up is a breeze!
This dinner is just what those chilly nights need and even my picky eaters love it which is always a win!
How to make this Taco Spaghetti Skillet
- Full recipe below.
- Brown turkey.
- Add taco seasoning, undrained tomatoes and water.
- Add spaghetti.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook until spaghetti is tender.
- Top with cheese.
- Garnish and serve.
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Family friendly.
- Crowd pleasing.
- Full of flavor.
- A one pot meal.
- Perfect for weeknights.
I was so happy with the Taco Spaghetti Skillet, it was perfect for my family. I was a little skeptical at first but I could not believe how spot on their choice for my was and how much everyone enjoyed it!
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 package, 1.5 oz each mild taco seasoning mix
- 1 can, 10 oz each diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- Scallions and tomatoes for garnish
- Cook turkey in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add taco seasoning, undrained tomatoes and water; stir to combine. Add spaghetti; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook 12-15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese and cover until melted.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Garnish with scallions and tomatoes if you like.
Top with your favorite taco toppings.
You can use any pasta shape you like
Try pepperjack cheese for a spicy kick.
Want more easy dinner recipes like this? Try these!