This Hoagie Dip is my absolute favorite appetizer to serve. Onions, sweet and hot salad peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, deli meat and cheese come together in a fabulous sauce perfect for piling on slices of soft italian bread.
Hoagie Dip is the perfect appetizer that everyone loves. So full of flavor and easy to make this is a real crowd-pleaser.
I came across this recipe on Tik Tok and knew I had to recreate it. I made it for a party and it was a hit! Everyone went nuts for it.
All your favorite sub fixings in a bowl and you just use soft slices of italian bread to pile the dip on and it is amazing!
This dip also makes a great quick lunch, you can even skip the bread and just eat this with a fork for a low carb version.
You can make this hoagie dip ahead of time and it gets better as it marinates. If you want you can add the lettuce right before serving to keep it crisp.
Hoagie dip is great anytime of year but is a great cool dip in the summer and spring, but believe me you will be making this year round.
Now this started as a dip but I will tell you sometimes I make it at the beginning of the week and just load it into a sub roll anytime I want a delicious, flavorful sandwich.
I love that this dip is super customizable, you can use your favorite mix of deli meat, add whatever veggies you like. You can serve it with bread or crackers. We love it!
You have to try this recipe I know you will love it!
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast
- Perfect for parties
- Can make ahead
How to make this Hoagie Dip
- Full recipe below.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, dressing and seasoning.
- Next add the onion, peppers and tomatoes.
- Cut the lunch meats and cheese and add to the bowl.
- Next add the lettuce.
- Serve with slices of bread.
Ingredients you need
- Full recipe below
- Red onion- this gives the dip a lot of flavor
- Sweet & hot salad peppers- these are my favorite to use in this salad
- Lettuce- use any kind you like but I like to use a hearty lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes- I like to use these instead of diced tomatoes because they hold up better
- Turkey lunch meat- any flavor you like, I usually go with a smoked turkey
- Deli ham- again any flavor you like
- Salami- you can also use pepperoni
- Provolone cheese- Cheddar or pepperjack will also be fabulous in this
- Mayonnaise- this is the base of the sauce
- Italian dressing or seasoned submarine oil- I prefer to use the oil I linked below
- Italian seasoning- to give the salad flavor
- French or Italian bread for serving- you can use crackers too
This is the submarine oil I like to use – Beano’s Submarine Dressing
Can I use any deli meat?
Yes! You can use any combination of lunch meat your family likes. I like to always include a pepperoni or salami though because they bring a lot of flavor to this salad.
Can I add other vegetables?
Yes! Whatever vegetables you like to put on your subs you can put in this dip! Try black olives, green bell peppers, and cucumbers, it will all be delicious.
What should I serve this with?
Thick slices of soft Italian bread, french bread, Hawaiian rolls or even crackers.
How to store the leftovers?
Just store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Want more appetizer recipes? Check out these!
- Half of a red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup sweet & hot salad peppers
- 1 heart of romaine chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 pound turkey lunch meat
- ¼ pound ham lunch meat
- ½ pound salami
- 12 slices provolone
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup italian dressing or seasoned submarine oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- French or italian bread for serving
1. To a large mixing bowl mix together the mayonnaise, dressing and italian seasoning.
2. To the dressing add the onion, peppers and tomatoes.
3. Cut the lunch meats and cheese into bite size pieces and add to the bowl.
4. Finally chop and add the lettuce.
5. Serve with slices of italian or french bread.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
You can add any mix of lunch meat you like as long as it equals one pound.
You can make this ahead of time just be sure to wait until just before serving to add the
Add your favorite sub toppings. If you like cucumbers add those! Black olives,
jalapenos anything you like.
You can add a sprinkle of red chili flakes for a kick.
Serve these with lettuce leaves for a low carb version.