Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is a one pot wonder full of all your favorite things like bacon, cheese, ranch and pasta!! A real crowd pleaser!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is your new best friend when time is short and you want a dinner everyone will love just whip up this one pot wonder! All your favorite flavors like bacon and ranch all in one easy to make one pot meal!
Sometimes you just need an easy dinner that only dirties one pot and one that everyone will eat. There are days I am too tired to cook and too tired to make three different dinners and too tired to fight to get the boys to eat.
That is why this is my go to dinner, I know it is easy, I know they all love it and I know I will only have one dish to wash (you can bet I’m using paper plates on nights like these lol)
Now onto the yummy food! This recipe is a favorite with my family because hello bacon! And who doesn’t love ranch? Put all that together with some pasta and cheese and chicken and it will be full tummies and smiles all around!
- Brown up a pound of chopped bacon. I drain it on paper towels and remove all but one tablespoon or so of bacon grease from the pan (if your grandma raised ya right, you know to put that leftover bacon grease in your grease can for later ;)
- Now brown up a pound of chicken breast that has been diced. Don’t worry about cooking it through, just get a little color on it. Then add in minced garlic (or a squeeze of the bottled garlic stuff if you’re lazy like me lol)
Then add in chicken stock, milk, Ranch dressing and any short pasta.
- Bring all that to boil and reduce to low and cover for 20 minutes.
- Stir in a cup of shredded cheese.
- Top with the crumbled bacon and a little more cheese and you are ready to serve to your hungry family!So quick, so easy, so delicious and it is a real crowd pleaser. Even your pickiest eaters will be happy when you bring this pot to the table.
My favorite tools to make this dish!
- Hampton Forge Skandia Forte 2-Piece Chef and Paring Knife Set: Basically my favorite because they are inexpensive, work great and are pretty, isn’t that most important lol
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven: I cook everything in this thing! It is my favorite pot!! I couldn’t live without it!
- Garlic Press and Peeler Set: My favorite because I hate getting my hands stinky with garlic and this set prevents that!
How can I spice this up?
Super easy to add a little spice to this dish! You can use pepperjack cheese, throw in a can of green chiles, top with a little sriracha or add some chipotle to the mix!
What is the best pasta for this?
I like using a fun rotini but any short pasta like shells or penne would be great! My kid love it with bowtie noodles!
So next time you are tired, and the kids are screaming for dinner and you want a comforting cheesy pasta make this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta and everyone will be happy!!
- 1 pound Bacon chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 8 oz short pasta
- 1 cup plus 1/4 Shredded Cheese
- Brown the bacon in a large pot.
- Remove bacon from pot and drain on paper towels.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of grease from pot.
- Add diced chicken to pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken, add in garlic. Chicken does not have to cook all the way through here.
- Add in 2 cups of chicken stock, 1/2 cup milk, and ranch dressing.
- Add in 8 oz short pasta.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and cover for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Top with bacon and 1/4 cup cheese.
Get more delicious one pot recipes like this!