Strawberries and cream candies are always a perfect treat and so easy to make!
Strawberries and Cream Candies are an adorable treat perfect for Valentine’s Day. Classic buttermint candies are flavored with strawberry extract and shaped into cute little hearts. These make a perfect gift and are irresistible.
I love making sweet treats for the holidays, especially Valentine’s Day. I really like making easy, festive treats that you can give as gifts or set out on a dessert platter, and these Strawberry Candies always make great valentine’s day treats.
This candy is also called Buttermints or Meltaways, so much tastier than hard candies because these melt in your mouth in such a satisfying sensation. It is a simple candy with a sensational blend of butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, flavoring and coloring.
The combination of those ingredients create a perfect treat of smooth, strawberry candy that just melts away in your mouth. These are some of my favorite candies. They are sweet and creamy with a strawberry flavor that is perfect for Valentine’s Day. They really remind me of strawberry creme savers, they have that same flavor.
While these make a perfect valentine’s day treats, you can make these all year round if you prefer, you can change the color of the mints and even the flavor. I like to separate my batch into 3 colors for the holiday, red, pink and I leave the last white which I add sprinkles to. I can’t wait to make some Easter ones for easter baskets.
You could even take these a step further and dip them in a little dark chocolate for a chocolate covered strawberry treat.
This is an impressive candy that is no bake, no cook, no thermometer needed, you just mix these ingredients and voila perfect Valentine’s Day candy perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth. Make these and you will certainly be the best gifter of every holiday.
These are great to fill your candy dishes and set out for all your guests and be the hit of your next party but they also make a fabulous gift. These also look gorgeous on a little candy buffet. Fill a little tin or mason jar with these sweet treats and you have got a homemade present everyone will love.
I promise you will love making these Strawberries and Cream Candies this holiday season!
This candy is also really pretty on a dessert tray or piled up on a plate waiting for your guests to grab a piece. I promise this will be one of your new favorite candies.
Why This Recipes Works
- Great for gifting
- Perfect for entertaining
- Family Friendly
Can I use other colors?
Of course! You can leave them white and just add sprinkles. You can make them any color you prefer and you can make it even easier and just dye them one color instead of three if you like.
How else can I shape these?
I love the little hearts but you can also make them just discs with the fork marks in the top but there are many different ways to shape these mints. You can just roll them into little balls. You can roll the dough out into a log and just cut off little pieces. I have even seen some people press them into little molds and then you have cute shaped mints. You can really make these into any shape you like.
What other flavorings can I use?
These have the dreamy taste of fresh strawberries but feel free to experiment with your favorite flavorings like spearmint, lemon, cinnamon or even just vanilla if you like.
How long do these stay fresh?
This candy stays fresh in an airtight container for a week. You can keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month and in the freezer for up to 6 months! Perfect treats to make ahead and they will still be such a rich creamy taste experience.
- Cream Cheese – You want to use softened full fat cream cheese for this recipe.
- Butter – This also needs to be softened for this recipe to work. It needs to be butter, do not try to use margarine or cocoa butter or anything like that.
- Powdered Sugar – This gives the candy it’s sweetness and melt in your mouth texture.
- Strawberry Extract – This gives these candies the irresistible taste of fresh strawberries. I know some people might be against using artificial flavors but you have to use an extract here, if you try to make it with fruit juice they candy will be too wet and not set up. So make sure you are using an extract, they really do have a natural flavor and taste like a premium fruit candy.
- Food coloring – I like to use red and pink gel food coloring for this recipe.
- Valentine’s sprinkles – I get these in the seasonal section of any store.
How to make these strawberry and cream cheese candies
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in the peppermint extract and 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Beat on low until all incorporated.
- Continue adding powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until all the powdered sugar has been incorporated. It should not be sticky and an almost playdoh consistency.
- Separate the dough into 3 bowl and color one bowl red, one pink and then just add the sprinkles to the third.
- Using a rolling pin roll out each ball of candy to about ¼-½ inch thick.
- Use a fork to drag lines down the rolled out dough.
- Then use a tiny heart cookie cutter to cut out your shapes and set on a parchment lined tray.
- Leave them to air dry for 2-4 hours or even overnight.
Gather your ingredients.
Mix the cream cheese and butter.
Add the powdered sugar.
Mix into a dough and color.
Roll out and cut out the hearts.
Let dry and serve.
Want more sweet Valentine’s recipes? Check these out!
- Love Bug Cookie Pops
- Chocolate Cheesecake Cookie Bites
- Glazed Strawberry Cake Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Cookie Cups
● Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer for 3 months. ● You can just dye these one color or leave them white and just add the sprinkles if you like. ● You can roll the dough into a thing log and just cut off little bite size pieces if you prefer that shape.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g
● Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer for 3 months.
● You can just dye these one color or leave them white and just add the sprinkles if you like.
● You can roll the dough into a thing log and just cut off little bite size pieces if you prefer that shape.