This Beef and Broccoli Ramen is a delicious crowd-pleasing dinner that will be a hit with your family!
This Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Ramen is a delicious weeknight dinner. Tender strips of beef and fresh broccoli come together in a sweet and savory sauce then gets tossed with ramen noodles. This is great take-out favorite you can make at home!
There is nothing I love more than takeout on a busy night! Then I found out I could make our favorite takeout beef and broccoli in the slow cooker.
I can just throw everything in the slow cooker and have a delicious meal I promise is better than takeout in no time and you can customize it yourself!
Beef and broccoli slow cook in a sweet and savory sauce all day before getting tossed with ramen noodles.
I love that you can customize this to your family’s taste, make it spicy, add more veggies, or customize it to your family’s tastes.
You can top this with scallions, sesame seeds, sriracha, or yum yum sauce.
And let me tell you, just like takeout this makes for some incredible leftovers. This slow cooker beef and broccoli is a crowd-pleaser and really family-friendly.
Next time you want to order take out just throw these ingredients together and let the slow cooker take care of the rest!
Groceries are pricey right now and there is no cheaper dinner than ramen noodles but you can take those cheap ramen noodles and make a filling dinner for a crowd and really elevate those ramen noodles into a delicious dinner for your whole family.
This is such a great change to regular ramen and kid-friendly. My kids love it and you can leave out the veggies for picky eaters or add more if you like.
Your whole family will love this Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Ramen.
You will love this recipe because it is
- Easy and fast.
- Family friendly.
- Budget friendly.
- Full of flavor.
- A set it and forget it meal.
- Perfect for weeknights.
How to make this Slow Cooker Beef Ramen
- Full recipe below.
- Brown your ground beef.
- To the slow cooker add your beef, carrots, red bell pepper and scallions.
- Mix together the garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and chicken stock.
- Pour the sauce into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low.
- Before serving add in your dry ramen noodles.
- Stir to combine and cook.
My favorite slow cooker for this recipe is this Hamilton Beach one.
Ingredients you need
● Steak- You can use sirloin steak or flank steak for this recipe.
● Red bell pepper- This adds a nice pop of color but use any color of pepper you like.
● Beef broth- I recommend using a low-sodium broth for this recipe.
● Low sodium soy sauce- Low sodium is best for this recipe as you do not want it to be too salty.
● Brown sugar- This adds sweetness to the recipe.
● Sesame oil- Adds a rich flavor to this dish but can be omitted for allergies.
● Red pepper flakes- These add a pop of spice but not too much, I promise!
● Garlic- For flavor.
● Green onions- These add such a great flavor and can be used for garnish as well.
● Cornstarch- Helps thicken the sauce.
● Broccoli- You can use fresh or frozen and if you like it crunchier add it more towards the end.
● Ramen noodles- You want 2 packs but do not add the seasoning packets.
● Sesame seeds- For garnish and can be omitted.
Can I use any protein?
Yes, you can use sliced pork or boneless chicken, just adjust the cooking time appropriately.
Can I add other vegetables?
There are many veggies that would be great in this recipe. Carrots, green bell pepper or even snow peas would also be fabulous in this. You could even do a little thinly sliced cabbage.
What can I top this Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Ramen with?
I like to top it with more scallions and sesame seeds but you can also use sriracha, yum yum sauce or a fried egg.
Want more slow cooker recipes? Check out these!
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Steak Bites
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef
- ● 1 ½ pounds steak cut into strips
- ● 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ● 1 cup beef broth
- ● ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ● ½ cup brown sugar
- ● 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- ● ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ● 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ● 3 green onions, sliced
- ● 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ● 2 cups broccoli
- ● 2 packets of ramen noodles
- ● Sesame seeds
1. Into the slow cooker place your beef and red bell pepper.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame
oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, green onions and cornstarch.
3. Pour the sauce over the beef and red bell peppers.
4. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the beef is tender.
5. 30 minutes before serving add the broccoli and ramen noodles, stirring
frequently until the noodles are tender.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds and more scallions.
● You can use any steak your like, I used london broil.
● You can use frozen or fresh broccoli.
● You only use the ramen noodles, not the seasoning packet.
● You can add more red pepper flakes or less depending on your family’s