Hot Chocolate French Toast is a delicious new spin on this breakfast classic. Topped with marshmallow cream it will be your new favorite!
Hey guys!! It is Fall and every day we are getting closer to Winter! I love this time of year. The evenings are crisp and cool. The nights are chilly and fluffy blankets are a must. Boots and scarves come out of the closet. Kitchens are filled with slow cooked soups and chilis. It is the best time of the year.
Something I look forward to the most when it gets chilly is a steamy cup of coffee of those frosty mornings and a warm mug of hot chocolate at the end of the day on the sofa snuggled under a quilt. Every time it snows I make french toast and hot chocolate for the kids and that has become a tradition they look forward to.
I was thinking how great it would be to have a warm mug of hot chocolate with my french toast on those snowy mornings, then I got to thinking how great would it be to have Hot Chocolate French Toast!!
So that is what I made, Hot Chocolate French Toast with gooey marshmallow cream and it is to die for!!
You can use regular Swiss Miss hot chocolate to flavor your french toast but I used the Carmel Macchiato flavor and it was heaven!
I just made an egg and milk mixture and stirred in a little Swiss Miss cocoa coffee blend or regular hot chocolate mix.
Next I dunked thick slices of bread in the mixture and pan fried them until brown.
I warmed a little marshmallow fluff to top and sprinkled with cocoa powder and it was amazing!
This is definitely a keeper and a great variation of the regular french toast we normally have. I think I will be using this recipe as my special snowy morning french toast from now on!
Can I still use cinnamon to flavor this Hot Chocolate French Toast?
Of course!! Chocolate and cinnamon go great together and adding some cinnamon to this recipe will definitely be delicious!
Can I use syrup instead of marshmallow cream?
Yup! That would be delicious as well!
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Peppermint Chips
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 tablespoons Swiss Miss Cafe Blends (or Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate)
- 2 large eggs
- 8 slices thick sliced bread
- butter or non-stick spray for pan
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- Beat the egg, milk and hot cocoa coffee mix together
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a little or spray
- Quickly dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture and flip coating both sides
- Place in pan and cook 1-2 minutes each side checking for doneness before flipping.
- Continue with all 8 slices
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe bowl melt marshmallow fluff in 10 second increments until melted (it might puff up, just stir and it will go back down and be melty)
- Serve french toast with a drizzle of marshmallow cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder (optional)
Get more delicious breakfast recipes here…