Welcome to another week of our Slow Cooker Series!! Dana from This Silly Girl’s Life and I are each sharing a new slow cooker recipe every week this month so you get double the yumminess!!
This week I’m sharing the recipe for Slow Cooker Chinese Hacked Pork. It is sooo simple to make, just throw everything in the crock pot and let it hang out till you are ready for dinner, shred it and serve it over rice and it is perfect and it makes a ton of yummy leftovers!
My family loved this recipe, I loved the ease of it and how flavorful it came out. We ate it over rice to soak up the yummy sauce but I think it would also be great served on a bun. The recipe suggested serving it with lo mein noodles and I think I will try that out next time too.
I hope your family loves this delicious meal that is a snap to make as much as mine did!
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, I always use La Choy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder, optional
- 2 pounds boneless center-cut pork roast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place soy sauce, honey, hoisin, garlic, ginger, spice in crockpot and stir to mix. Place pork roast in and spoon some sauce over top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- 2. . Remove pork to a large baking dish and keep warm. Pour liquid from slow cooker into a saucepan. In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into broth. Bring liquid in saucepan to a boil and whisk in the broth mixture. Cook for 1 minute.
- 3. Shred pork into large pieces with two forks; stir in sauce.
Adapted from Family Circle
Be sure to click the picture below and head on over to This Silly Girl’s Life and get the recipe for this awesome Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken Salad!!
Check out last weeks Slow Cooker Recipes!
Want even MORE slow cooker recipes? Check back each Tuesday where we will be posting new slow cooker recipes or you can check out some of my other slow cookers recipes below!