This is not a fancy recipe, this is just hearty, comforting cooking. Simple flavors and a simple dinner are sometimes all` you crave on a chilly night and this Salisbury Steak hits the spot!
It is easy and quick to prepare and has a ton of flavor packed into these little patties that are bathed in a flavorful gravy perfect for spooning over mashed potatoes.
I also love that it’s made in one skillet!
So go whip up this easy meal for your family tonight and I promise you will love it!!!
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 T Ketchup
- 1 T Worcheshire
- 1 t Mustard
- 1 t Pepper
- 1 t Steak Seasoning, I use McCormick Montreal
- 1 t Garlic Salt
- 1 Small Onion Sliced
- 1 Box Beef Stock, 26 oz
- 4 T Butter
- 2 T Flour
- In a large skillet start to caramelize the onions in 1 T butter on medium high.
- While the onions are softening combine the first 8 ingredients and form into patties.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and place in another 1 T butter, melt, then add the patties, flipping once and cooking all the way through.
- Once patties are cooked all the way through, remove them from skillet.
- Add to skillet remaining 2 T butter, melt then whisk in 2 T flour.
- Pour in the box of stock and whisk till bubbly and thickened.
- Add in onions, and then patties, spooning sauce and onions over the top.
- Let all bubble together for 5 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes for an ultra comforting meal.