This is not a fancy recipe, this is just hearty, comforting cooking. Simple flavors and a simple dinner are sometimes all` you crave on a chilly night and this Salisbury Steak hits the spot!
It is easy and quick to prepare and has a ton of flavor packed into these little patties that are bathed in a flavorful gravy perfect for spooning over mashed potatoes.
I also love that it’s made in one skillet!
So go whip up this easy meal for your family tonight and I promise you will love it!!!
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 T Ketchup
- 1 T Worcheshire
- 1 t Mustard
- 1 t Pepper
- 1 t Steak Seasoning, I use McCormick Montreal
- 1 t Garlic Salt
- 1 Small Onion Sliced
- 1 Box Beef Stock, 26 oz
- 4 T Butter
- 2 T Flour
- In a large skillet start to caramelize the onions in 1 T butter on medium high.
- While the onions are softening combine the first 8 ingredients and form into patties.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and place in another 1 T butter, melt, then add the patties, flipping once and cooking all the way through.
- Once patties are cooked all the way through, remove them from skillet.
- Add to skillet remaining 2 T butter, melt then whisk in 2 T flour.
- Pour in the box of stock and whisk till bubbly and thickened.
- Add in onions, and then patties, spooning sauce and onions over the top.
- Let all bubble together for 5 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes for an ultra comforting meal.
MMMM, the family would love these salisbury steaks! Thank you for sharing with Simple Supper Tuesday.
Salisbury steak is so good, but I’ve never made it at home before. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us on Foodie Friday
One of my all time favorite comfort foods. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us on foodie friday.
I have followed a few different Salisbury Steak recipes that were fine but I made this tonight and my husband and I have just repeated “Man, that sauce is the BUSINESS” at least three times each tonight. I did make it with mashed potatoes. So simple and so delicious. Thanks for sharing!
Made this tonight and it was delicious! I added 2 eggs to the recipe
Thank you for sharing this recipe. It was simple and that best thing is it uses ingredients one usually has readily available at home. Delicious!
This was really good! I added an egg like someone else suggested because I didn’t have enough breadcrumbs and I thought it might help the patties bind better. The only issue I had was cooking the patties all the way through. I had to flip them several times so they didn’t burn and then I let them finish cooking in the gravy at the end. Really good and easy!
We just had these so easy and very also the taste was great ! I will fix again. Thanks so much
I have followed many restaurants for Salisbury Steak. That dishes are really fine but this did not break my heart. After I read your article i made this and it was really delicious. So thank u.