Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef Stew has to be the absolute best slow cooker meal ever! Stew beef, baby potatoes, onion and carrots cook all day with ranch seasoning, brown gravy, pepperoncinis and butter! It all comes together to make a delicious dinner perfect over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes. This is a real crowd pleaser that is family friendly.
This Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef Stew is my new favorite dinner for when the weather starts to get chilly. I love using my slow cooker to make warm, hearty dinners when the temperature starts to drop and this one hits all the right marks.
This stew is easy to make and comes together in just minutes so you can toss in all your ingredients in the morning and have a rich, flavorful stew ready that evening.
The beef cooks all day and just melts in your mouth come dinner time and pairs perfectly with the tender potatoes and carrots. Of course the flavor of this stew is the star!
Brown gravy and ranch dry mixes come together for the perfect mix of flavors, and the gravy packet helps keep this stew nice and thick. The pepperoncinis add just a kick of flavor that brightens this dish up. The butter of course just makes everything rich and silky.
This is such a fabulous dish for the Fall or Winter nights and I am sure it will be your family’s new favorite as well. It is pretty kid friendly and always a crowd pleaser at my house.
Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef Stew
- Wash your vegetables.
- Place your beef and veggies in the slow cooker.
- Pour over the dry mixes.
- Pour over the pepperoncinis.
- Add butter.
- Slow cook all day.
Can I freeze this?
Of course, these freeze great when properly stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Can I use banana peppers instead?
Sure!! If you prefer banana peppers instead of pepperoncinis, go for it!
Can these be made with chicken?
It sure can! Just replace the beef with chicken thighs.
Like this recipe? Here are some more slow cooker dinners!
- Slow Cooker Korean Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips (Just 3 Ingredients!)
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef
- Crockpot Stuffed Shells
Items used to make Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef Stew…
Slow Cooker: Everyone should have a good reliable slow cooker to make delicious dinners without any effort!
Ranch Seasoning: I love buying this in bulk because we always need it for something!
Peeler: You can peel your potatoes and carrots for this dish, or leave them as is but you will need a good peeler!
- 1.5 pounds stew beef
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 yellow or white onion, diced
- 4-6 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 ounce envelope ranch seasoning
- 2 (0.87 ounce) envelopes brown gravy mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter
- Parsley for garnish, optional
- Noodles, mashed potatoes or rice to serve over
- In your slow cooker place your stew beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and pepperoncinis.
- In a small bowl mix together the ranch packet and 1 of the brown gravy packets with 1 cup of water and whisk together.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Stir everything together.
- Place the stick of butter on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- When the meat and veggies are tender stir in the last packet of brown gravy mix to thicken up the gravy.
- I like to serve this over egg noodles, but it is also great over rice or mashed potatoes.
- The pepperoncinis add a lot of flavor but not too much heat. Depending on your family’s tolerance you can decrease the amount of pepperoncinis or increase it. If you like a lot of kick add some of the juice from the pepperoncinis.
- You can use Au Jus packets instead of the brown gravy ones.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can also stir in some frozen peas 10 minutes before serving.
This is a super simple dish to make and again it freezes well, and it fabulous for these chilly nights. It is such a cozy dinner full of flavor.