This festive dip and dippers is perfect for the holidays.
Hey guys! The holidays are here!! I am here for it! I love everything about the holidays, the lights, the decor, the crowded shopping days ending with an exhausted lunch out with my girls. I love falling asleep to the glow of the Christmas tree and all the Christmas music on the radios and in the stores. I love seeing the magic of the holidays through my kids’ eyes. But most of all I love the food and hosting holiday parties.
There is always some kind of holiday party or Christmas Eve dinner to cook for and I love really going overboard and creating this festive appetizer that always wows.
It looks amazing and honestly takes minutes to create. Of course this gorgeous tree needs an equally amazing dip to go with in and that is where this Holiday Chili Cheese Dip comes in.
We love getting together during the holidays and appetizers are always a hit. We love something we can just walk by and grab a piece of, take a dip of. So this is perfect for all our get togethers this season.
This dip could not be easier or more delicious. Just a few ingredient and a couple minutes in the microwave and you have a dip in no time. It goes fast so you might want to double it!
My Holiday Chili Cheese Dip gets a little kick from the green chiles, it adds such a great flavor.
An amazing dip like this needs a great dipper and this tree is perfect for that. I just slice crescent roll dough into rounds and arrange them like a Christmas Tree on the baking pan.
It bakes while I prepare the dip. When the crescents come out of the oven I just decorate with a few peppers and onions. Red bell peppers make the perfect garland, yellow peppers for the stars and scallions for a few ornaments. I use more scallions and some cheese to create cute little presents for under the tree. Adorable!
Look how perfectly festive it comes out!
Your guests can just pull off a little round and dip into this luscious Holiday Chili Cheese Dip.
Can this be made in advance?
The Holiday Chili Cheese Dip can be made ahead of time and microwaved before serving. The tree dipper should be made right before serving, but feel free to prep the peppers for decoration ahead of time to save a few minutes later.
Can this be made in the slow cooker?
It sure can! Just heat it up on low until warmed through and then keep on warm for serving.
How can I make this a little more spicy?
You can use a hot version of the tomatoes and green chiles, you can add a little hot sauce or sriracha or even some diced jalapenos.
So this holiday season try this Holiday Chili Cheese Dip, you will love it!
You will love this dip because it is
- Easy to make
- Perfect for entertaining
- Perfect for the holidays
- Crescent rolls – I just use the regular ones, not the giant ones.
- Chili – Use your favorite canned chili.
- Cheese dip – Whichever cheese dip you like is best.
- Tomatoes and Green Chilies – You can spice this up by using a hot version.
- Peppers and green onions – I use these for decorations on the roll tree.
How to make Holiday Chili Cheese Dip
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- Preheat oven to 350
- Roll rectangles of crescent dough up and slice off rounds.
- On parchment lined cookie sheet place dough rounds into tree shape
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until slightly browned
- Meanwhile combine the RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, chili and cheese in a microwave safe bowl and cover with a paper towel
- Microwave in 30 second intervals until warmed through.
- You can also heat up the dip in a pot on the stove.
- Decorate the tree with red pepper garland, scallion ornaments and yellow pepper stars.
- Serve together!
For more holiday appetizers check out these great recipes
- Sausage Ball Biscuit Bombs
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Pineapple Kielbasa Bites
- Cranberry Club Sliders
- Cranberry Pepper Jelly Dip
- French Dip Pull Apart Bread
- Easy Homemade Eggnog Latte
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 1741mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 21g