So I was in Target the other day (one of my most favorite places) and as I’m getting ready to check out I see a bag of candy corn mixed with peanuts. Now I like candy corn, I know it has a ton of haters but I like it, I am the only one in the house that eats it though, even Dean won’t touch it, how does a 4-year-old know candy corn isn’t good?!
So I am looking at that bag and thinking how good the salty peanuts must be with the candy corn which reminds me of these rice crispy treats my grandma makes with peanuts in them and voila this recipe for Candy Corn & Peanut Rice Crispy Treats was born!
Now everyone knows how to make rice crispies, you can even microwave them, so it is easy peasy and I just followed the normal recipe and threw in a cup of salted peanuts and a cup of candy corn in with the cereal, dumped all the marshamallowy goodness on top, and gave it a good stir.
These treats are heavenly! They are the perfect bite, crunchy, salty, chewy, sweet, perfection.
Even if you are among the candy corn haters you should give these a try because they are just awesome!
Candy Corn & Peanut Rice Crispy Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package 10 oz., about 40 regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl add the cereal, candy corn and peanuts.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture onto the cereal mixture.
- Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 pan.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.