This is such a great spin on classic Sausage Balls.
Sausage Ball Biscuit Bombs are stuffed with cheese, baked in a biscuit bomb and topped with everything bagel seasoning to create the perfect bite!
Hey guys!! Are you ready? The holidays are right around the corner!! I am so excited! Some of my favorite things about the holidays are the food, the cooking and the baking. I love it all!! I start planning my big Christmas Eve dinner menu and Christmas breakfast menu months in advance, crazy as it seems lol.
One thing we always have a lot of for Christmas morning is sausage, in all sorts of ways lol. I wrap up sausage links in crescent rolls for dunking in syrup, I make my Sausage Biscuit & Gravy Cups, and my Old English Sausage Muffins.
Of course what everyone looks forward to on Christmas morning is the sausage balls! They are such a classic and delicious recipe that my family has been making for years!
I swear I just cannot make enough of them! We snack on these all morning while opening presents. I often make them as an appetizer to Christmas Eve dinner, too, since everyone loves them so much!
This year, I wanted to see if I could change these beloved Sausage Balls up a bit and create something a little different. So not only did I stuff them with cheese but I then stuffed the Sausage Balls into biscuit dough. And then because all that wasn’t enough, I sprinkled everything bagel seasoning on top. Guys, these are out-of-this-world delicious!
These are an upgrade to the classic sausage balls and are so amazing! These cheese and biscuit really take these over the top and turn them into something more than just your usual sausage ball.
Classic sausage balls have biscuit mix and cheese in the dough anyway and this recipe is just a different way to use the same flavors and make something different!
They are so easy to make and are always the first thing to fly off the breakfast table.
So this holiday season if you are looking to switch up that holiday breakfast try these Sausage Ball Biscuit Bombs and I promise your whole family will love them!
Can I use any sausage?
I do prefer to use Jimmy Dean sausage but you can use any brand and any flavor. You can use turkey sausage or chicken sausage too, whichever your family prefers.
Can I switch out the cheese?
Yes! Use your favorite cheese. I think pepperjack would be amazing in these and add a little kick.
Can I make these ahead of time?
I think these are best made fresh but you can make the sausage ball part with the cheese inside ahead of time and just wait to wrap them in the biscuits until right before baking.
- Pork Sausage – You can use any breakfast sausage you like.
- Shredded cheddar – I find fresh shredded is best.
- Biscuit mix – Like bisquick or something along those lines.
- Cheddar block – You can save time and buy the precut cubes.
- Canned biscuits – Just the regular size will work here.
- Everything bagel seasoning – You can find this in the seasoning aisle of pretty much any grocery store.
How To Make Sausage Ball Biscuit Bombs
- FULL RECIPE BELOW
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix the sausage, shredded cheddar and biscuit mix
- Take a bit of the sausage mixture, flatten into a circle, and place a cube of cheese in the middle
- Roll into a ball
- Bake sausage balls on cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes until cooked through
- Separate each biscuit into 2 halves and work them with your fingers to stretch them a little.
- Place one sausage ball into the middle of a biscuit round and roll into a ball
- Place on a clean baking sheet and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden
Want more recipes with sausage? Check these out!
- Sausage Gravy Biscuit Cups
- Sausage Gravy Biscuit Casserole
- One Pot Sausage and Peppers Pasta
- Cheesy Sausage Rice Skillet
- Old English Sausage Muffins
- Sausage Gravy