This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Litehouse.
Pulled Pork Spicy Slaw Dogs are going to be on your menu every week this summer I promise!!! Don’t let the word spicy scare you, you can leave out all the spice if like or if you are making them for kids.
Summer is in full swing and that means it is time to dust off the grills and get to grilling up some spectacular meals!
Hot dogs are one classic summer staple. They are at every barbecue, cookout and picnic. Now as much as there is nothing better than a hot dog right off the grill, I sometimes like to take my hot dogs a bit further.
Here in Virginia we love our pulled pork sandwiches and we love to top them with coleslaw and hot sauce. So I make Pulled Pork Spicy Slaw Dogs and they are amazing!
Of course you can’t make an amazing slaw dog without some really really good coleslaw and right now it is coleslaw season just as much as it is hot dog season lol!
Seems like every weekend there a BBQ or cookout to attend and what am I asked to bring every time? Coleslaw!! Why? Because I make the best!! Want my secret?
I use Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing!
Oh my goodness I love this stuff!! I keep a jar or 2 on hand in my fridge all summer long. Actually, all year long!
Litehouse makes it so super easy to have deliciously cool crisp coleslaw in just minutes! I just mix one jar of Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing with one bag of my favorite slaw mix and that is it! I have a quick side for BBQ sandwiches, fried fish or a side to bring to a get together in minutes!!
I love that it’s extra thick and creamy because it is made with freshly-made mayonnaise, it never gets “watered down” in the cabbage and it has such a great creamy, tangy, sweet taste my whole family loves!
Not only does it come together quick, but it is ready to go because all Litehouse dressings are sold cold, so no extra refrigerating time needed before eating!
I seriously only use Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing to make my coleslaw, why would I use anything else? It’s soo easy and delicious!
Pulled Pork Spicy Slaw Dogs
- Mix your bagged coleslaw with one jar of Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing.
- Split a hot dog down the middle, careful not to cut all the way through and cook them in a frying pan with butter and hot sauce.
- Pop them in a bun.
- Fill the split hot dog with some prepared or homemade pulled pork.
- Top the whole shebang off with that delicious coleslaw.
Can I use turkey dogs, smoked sausages, bratwurst, etc.?
Yes!! Any kind of hot dog or sausage you usually eat will work perfectly in this recipe!
Can I make these less spicy?
Sure!! Just omit the hot sauce and make sure the pulled pork you use isn’t spicy.
Can I grill these instead of pan fry?
Sure!! Split them before throwing them on the grill and brush them with a little hot sauce while grilling.
- 1 jar Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ⁄2 tablespoon hot sauce more or less depending on how spicy ya like it
- 8 hot dogs- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 cups shredded BBQ pork
- 1 bag shredded coleslaw
- Mix the coleslaw with the jar of Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing.
- Melt the butter with the hot sauce in a large skillet.
- Meanwhile, split the hot dogs down the middle,
- Being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place the hot dogs split-side down in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, getting the inside nice and crispy.
- Flip the hot dogs and cook on the other side for about 2 minutes.
- Place a hot dog in each bun.
- Heat the pork in the skillet until just warmed
- Divide the pork between the hot dog buns. Do the same with the coleslaw.
So make sure to pick up plenty of Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing and you’ll never be more than a few minutes away from a delicious coleslaw!!!
Oh and to make your summer even cooler Litehouse will be hosting a sweepstakes on 6/13-7/4 where consumers are encouraged to enter daily to win a Yeti® cooler. Just visit HERE to enter the sweepstakes or visit the @Litehouse Facebook page!