Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are a favorite in our house! Perfectly chewy, giant cookies studded with chocolate and pecans!
Chocolate chip cookies are a staple, a standard, a classic, everyone has their own version, their own family recipe. Cookies usually are not my favorite dessert. In order for me to love a cookie, it has to be chewy and soft; no hard, crispy or crunchy cookies for this girl! So I have my tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe that I use all the time. I can change the flavor of the chips, add nuts or candies, but the base is always the same. It is the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I use because it yields deliciously chewy, perfect-every-time cookies! My kids (and husband) love my cookies, and I make sure to keep a jar of them on the counter when I can because they go through them so fast, I’m lucky if I get one lol!
You too can make the best ever chocolate chip cookies using my secret ingredient…
Karo® Corn Syrup is the secret ingredient to make the best chewy cookies that taste amazing! You can even add Karo® Corn Syrup to your old family recipe to transform that cookie into an even more delicious chewy cookie!
Now, I was saying earlier that this is my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, but today, I am making a variation by adding pecans and making them giant size. Then you can say you’re only going to have one cookie ;)
These Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies come out perfect every time and are amazing with a glass of milk.
How to store these Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies?
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Can I use any nuts?
Yes! You can use your favorite nut instead of the pecans if you prefer!
Can I use different chocolate?
Of course! You can use milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet, white or dark, even caramel chips would be delicious in these!
Want more delicious cookies? Check out these recipes…
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat margarine and sugar with electric mixer in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in corn syrup, egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop 1/4 cups of dough onto lightly greased baking sheets. I do about 3 at a time.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 to 2 minutes on pan; remove from pan to wire rack.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE. You want chewy, soft cookies.