Yay week two of our Frozen Treats Series and I have got a seriously easy, seriously sinful frozen treat for you this week, and I know you are all going to want the recipe.
But first lemme tell you a little bit about this amazing dessert….. So the 4th of July was a few days away, big pool party planned, I decided to make a few desserts and have an awesome time. However, we had an unexpected guest…. Hurricane Arthur. He really threw us for loop since we don’t usually have hurricanes this early. He was also scheduled to be a big party crasher for our 4th of July festivities.
I wasn’t sure if the party was going to be cancelled or postponed or what so I decided to change up my plans and whip up a quick and easy dessert that could stay in the freezer and be used whenever we did decide to have the party. So I got all the ingredients I needed while buying some hurricane supplies (bread, water, corned beef, do you really need anything else lol) and then I set about preparing this luscious, over the top dessert. While I was making it the storm clouds rolled in making it impossible to take any good photos of the killer dessert making process, thus I have really crappy pictures of that part.
Good news, the hurricane skirted us, dumped some rain and wind during the night and had cleared out by the 4th of July morning and I was able to head to the party with an amazing dessert that everyone went nuts for.
So what is a Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich Cake? Only the most delicious thing you will ever eat and it takes minutes to prepare and of course it’s no bake so score there!
You just layer ice cream sandwiches with hot fudge, cool whip, caramel sauce, Rolos and repeat. Heaven in a spoon people! I think this recipe came from like the Duggars or something, who knows, all I know it is a crowdpleaser. I’m pretty sure I saw family members line cutting to get to this bad boy.
So take 5 minutes and make this dessert!! Make it for the next bbq, make it for your friends, make it for a neighbor, but let’s be honest you just want to make one for yourself, dooooo itttt!! You will love this cake, it is better than any ice cream cake you can buy and hello it has hot fudge and Rolos!
Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- About 20 ice cream sandwiches unwrapped
- 2 tubs of Cool-whip standard 8 oz size or one large tub of Cool-whip (16 oz size)
- Hot fudge
- Caramel Sauce
- In a 9x13 pyrex dish place as many ice cream sandwiches as you can in a row, then place 2 and half across the top.
- Smother the ice cream sandwiches in hot fudge (as much or little as you like)
- Top the hot fudge slathered sandwiches with a tub of Cool-whip.
- Drizzle caramel all over the whipped cream.
- Repeat the layers finishing the top with a hearty sprinkling of Rolos.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours so everything can get happy with each other.
- Let sit out 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve and watch it disappear in minutes.
Don’t forget to stop by Dana’s and check out her Individual Frozen Key Lime Pies! Yum!
Check out the rest of our Frozen Treat Series below for more frosty deliciousness!
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!