Lemon Poppy Seed Glazed Cake Bites are super easy to make and full of flavor! They have a delicious glaze and are perfect for any occasion!
Lemon Poppy Seed Glazed Cake Bites are bright little cake bites full of flavor!
Hey y’all! Today I want to share with you a super quick delicious dessert you can whip up in no time. I love making these glazed cake bites! You can make them in different colors, for different occasions and they are always so easy to make.
These start with a cake mix, my favorite easy ingredient lol! I just put the cake batter into greased mini muffin tins and bake!
When they are done they get dunked in a simple glaze that adds just the right sweetness and makes them so moist and keeps them fresh!
These are so easy and so fabulous and everyone just loves popping them in their mouths!
The lemon cake and lemon glaze make these little bites so bright and flavorful. A sprinkle of poppy seeds finish them to perfection!
You have to make these! They are perfect for parties, baby showers, Mother’s Day, any holiday really lol!
- Cake Bites
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 bag, 2 lb powdered sugar (8 cups)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Poppy Seeds
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 50 mini muffin cups. (you can make in 2 batches if you only have one pan)
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about half full).
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Place cooling rack on cookie sheet or waxed paper to catch glaze drips.
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix all glaze ingredients. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Dip a cake into glaze and remove gently with a fork, place top side is down on cooling rack. Top with poppy seeds immediately. Repeat till all cakes are coated. Let stand until glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
- Store loosely covered.