These Giant Peanut Butter Cookies are amazing. Soft, thick peanut butter cookies are covered in peanut butter chips and chocolate chips creating a truly decadent show stopping cookie.
These Giant Peanut Butter Cookies are sure to impress, they are a large cookie studded with lots of chocolate and peanut butter chips. Everyone loves peanut butter cookies so why not take them up a notch and make them giant and loaded!
These cookies make a perfect dessert or after school sweet treat but they also are great for gifting and taking to get togethers.
These Giant Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, thick and a bit chewy, everything the perfect cookie needs to be. The classic peanut butter cookie flavor shines here. I up the flavor and texture by coating the cookies heavily in chocolate and peanut butter chips which really puts them over the top!
How many giant peanut butter cookies does this make?
This recipe makes 6 giant cookies but of course you can make the cookies smaller and get a good dozen out of them, just reduce the bake time a touch.
What kind of chips to coat these with?
I use a combination of semi sweet chocolate and peanut butter chips. You can coat these in just chocolate chips or just peanut butter chips if you wish. These would also be great with white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
Can I use crunchy peanut butter?
Of course!! If you like it crunchy go for it!
Do I have to chill these cookies?
Yes! I know I know, I hate waiting for cookies to chill too! These only have to chill for 30 minutes and it is to ensure you get thick cookies. Without chilling the cookies will not be as tall.
How should I store these giant peanut butter cookies?
You can store these in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze these cookies?
I would recommend freezing these cookies before baking. Just form them into the balls and coat in the chips, then place in a single layer on a tray or baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours or until solid. Once solid place your cookie dough balls into a freezer safe bag until ready to use! Thaw on a cookie sheet before baking.
Ingredients Needed (see below for full recipe)
Unsalted butter, softened
Peanut butter chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chips
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until just combined.
- The dough will be very crumbly.
- Add 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter chips and stir into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a ball.
- Next press the remaining chocolate and peanut butter chips all over the top and sides of the cookies.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden brown on bottom.
- Cool 5 minutes and then transfer to a rack.
If you like these cookies check out my other cookies