These Copycat Arbys Beef and Cheddars are the ultimate copycat recipe! They
taste just like the real thing except you get to skip the drive thru and it’s faster!
I think a lot of people skip out on Arbys and they shouldn’t! It is so good. I love their roast beef sandwiches and they are known for these Beef and Cheddars. So let’s make some Copycat Arbys Beef and Cheddars.
I wanted to recreate these at home because they make the perfect quick lunch or dinner as they come together in just minutes.
Onion buns, roast beef, cheddar sauce and the secret red sauce (French
dressing) make these sandwiches taste just like drive-thru!
You can even customize these to your family’s taste. Add bacon to make Bacon Beef and Cheddars or add a little jalapeno for a kick!
For this recipe you will need
- Deli roast beef
- Rico’s nacho cheese
- Country French dressing
- 4 onion buns
Full recipe below!
Copycat Arbys Beef and Cheddars
- Steam your roast beef.
- Warm up the cheese.
- Assemble sandwiches.
- Spread French dressing on the bottom bun.
- Roast beef next.
- Cheese sauce on top of the beef.
- Top bun!
Can I make these Copycat Arbys Beef and Cheddars ahead of time?
Yes! This is a great make-ahead dinner that you can pop in the fridge and warm up later.
Can I double/halve this recipe?
Yup! This recipe is very easy to double or halve to fit your family’s needs.
Can I use any kind of cheese sauce?
Of course, use your favorite! I like to use Rico’s because it is a more mild flavor.
Do I have to use onion buns?
Nope! You can use your favorite hamburger bun. Arbys also traditionally uses sesame seed buns for some of their sandwiches.
You can also now find Arbys sauce in grocery stores. It is not exactly what they use on their Beef and Cheddars because they use a red ranch sauce but it will work in a pinch!
Get more Copycat Recipes below…
- 1 pound thin sliced deli roast beef
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup Rico’s nacho cheese
- ½ cup Country French dressing
- 4 onion buns
1. In a medium skillet add your roast beef and water.
2. Turn the heat to medium and place a lid on the pan and let the meat steam for about 5 minutes or so, you just want it warmed through.
3. Meanwhile in a microwave safe bowl microwave your cheese sauce in 30 second intervals until hot.
4. Drain any water off your roast beef and you are ready to assemble.
5. Start with the bottom bun and ¼ cup of the cheese sauce.
6. To the top bun add ¼ of the French dressing.
7. To the bottom bun add ¼ of the roast beef.
8. Top with the top bun and serve!
- You can wrap these in foil and keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days and just warm them up in the oven.
- If you don’t like onion buns you can use whatever hamburger style bun you prefer, sesame seed buns are also a great choice.
- You can add bacon to make their famous Bacon, Beef & Cheddars.
- I prefer Rico’s nacho cheese but you can use your favorite cheese sauce.