Hey y’all! It is getting colder and colder here! Thankfully our Soup Series has come at the perfect time!
Nothing is better is the winter than a warm bowl of soup, well…. maybe a soup you can make in your slow cooker!
I love using my slow cooker especially in the winter when the blustery days beg for a warm comforting meal that has been slow cooking all day.
I decided this week I would make Slow Cooker Calico Beef & Bean Soup.
In the summer we make Calico Baked Beans and they are similar to baked beans but sweeter and has ground beef and bacon in the mix. I knew it could make an equally delicious soup!
Now this soup does have a cup of brown sugar in it, so it does have a sweetness to it so don’t be surprised lol.
We loved this soup and it was so delicious and warmed us right up!
Served with a big slice of butter corn bread and there is nothing better!!!
Slow Cooker Calico Beef & Bean Soup
- One bag 15 bean soup mix
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- salt to taste probably 2 teaspoons
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 slices or half a pound of bacon chopped
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in your slow cooker.
- In a pan brown the chopped bacon until crispy and remove from pan.
- Add in the onion and lightly saute in same pan and add in ground beef.
- Cook until beef is cooked through.
- Drain the beef and onions and add to slow cooker.
- Add bacon to slow cooker.
- Cook on low 8 hours or high 5-6.
- Serve with big slice of cornbread!
Check out Dana’s Slow Cooker Tomato Soup with Tortellini and Goat Cheese, yum!!
Want more dinner inspiration? Check out my Pinterest Board for more yummy ideas!
Visit Life With The Crust Cut Off’s profile on Pinterest.