So it is now fall and that mean the holidays!!! So Dana and I teamed up again to bring you our Thanksgiving Series in which we will each share with you a recipe you can make for your Thanksgiving dinner. This week we are starting with appetizer and I am making Cheesy Swiss and Bacon Dip.
Now I make dip every year, it is so easy to make, however, I suggest you make a double batch because this dip is always gone in the blink of an eye! It is nice and cheesy and has everyone’s favorite ingredient BACON! It is the perfect dip to tide everyone over until the big dinner is ready.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, it brings together family and from that night on there is nothing but excitement in the air that builds all the way till Christmas.
We spend the first portion of Thanksgiving filling water glasses, setting napkins, and snacking on this dip while the turkey is being carved, pies being pulled out of the oven and family piling in the door.
I hope you can make it part of your Thanksgiving meal too!
This recipe is so easy and comes together so fast! I used to bake it, but now I just pop it in the microwave and throw it under the broiler to get the top golden and bubbly and I get a super cheesy hot dip that didn’t have to take too much precious oven time away from the turkey!
- 8 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 rounded teaspoons prepared Dijon style mustard
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese, available on dairy aisle
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Brown bacon in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Drain crisp bacon bits on paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, Swiss and scallions with cooked bacon.
- Place mixture in a shallow baking dish or pie pan.
- Place in microwave for 3 minutes. Stir.
- Place under broiler until top is browned.
- Or you can bake at 400 degrees bake until golden and bubbly at edges, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or bread.
Now pop on over to Dana’s and check out her Thanksgiving Series appetizer, yummy Roasted Garlic Cream Cheese Dip!