This post is sponsored by Al Fresco Chicken Sausage. All opinions are 100% my own.
One Pot Sausage and Peppers Pasta is going to be your new go to dinner for busy weeknights. A flavorful crowdpleaser that takes no time!
One Pot Sausage and Peppers Pasta is my new best friend!! It is a fabulous, quick and easy dinner that my whole family loves, even my picky easters. It comes together in minutes and all in the same pot.
One pot dishes are amazing because everything just cooks in the same pot which means way less dishes for you and I love that! Anything that cuts down on the time I spend scrubbing dishes is a win in my book.
This dish is so good! Full of rotini pasta (my fav) and caramelized onions and peppers and your favorite jarred sauce, what could be easier?!
But the star of this dish truly is the sausage, you can’t have sausage and peppers without it right! So I always use Al Fresco Chicken Sausage, I love their new Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage.
It is perfect for so many meals, I love using it to top pizza, make calzones, alfredo, there is nothing this Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage isn’t good in!
I love that it is healthier than other sausages and it’s fully cooked saving me even more time. I keep it on hand for a quick meal any night. It is so easy to just toss in the microwave, sauté on the stove or even throw it on the grill which I really like to do in the summer alongside some grilled asparagus, dinner in minutes! We love to have Pasta Night once (or twice lol) a week and this sausage always makes an appearance.
This tasty sausage is seasoned with Italian herbs and red and green peppers packing it full of flavor that goes great in any pasta dish. Any time you are making pasta make sure you add this Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage. Just imagine how good it will be with your ravioli or studded throughout your lasagna, yum!
Back to this One Pot Sausage and Peppers Pasta! Again it is so easy. I just caramelize some frozen chopped peppers and onions (another time saver there!) and then brown up the sausage a bit before adding in my pasta, sauce and a little chicken stock or water.
Everything cooks up together and gets all happy in the pot and when it is done I top it with a few slices of provolone or mozzarella and dinner is served!! So quick, so easy, so delicious! This is one of my favorite dinners alongside a little salad or some crusty bread.
So make sure you always keep some Al Fresco Pasta Night Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage on hand and you will never be more than a few minutes away from an amazing Pasta Night Dinner!
- 1 package Al Fresco Pasta Night Chicken Sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 8 ounces rotini
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onions
- 1 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 4 slices provolone or mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium high heat melt the butter and begin to caramelize the peppers and onions.
- When the veggies are just soft add in your sausage and let that brown up for about 5 minutes.
- Next add in your pasta, spaghetti sauce and chicken stock.
- Stir and bring everything up to a boil.
- Continue to boil stirring frequently for about 10-12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and add your cheese. Once cheese is melted serve!