Hey yall!!! It is summer and that means lots of cookouts and BBQs and I don’t know about you but where I come from every get together must have deviled eggs. We love em!! There are never any leftovers as no one can resist popping one in their mouth every time they walk by. Although if you do have leftovers just mash them up and you can have a killer egg salad sandwich for lunch the next day!
Now in all my years our family has only made deviled eggs one way, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire, bacon, maybe a little relish every now and then, but only in half, the other half still plain. These are the eggs I grew up eating and eventually started making on my own.
A couple weeks ago I made the most amazing potato salad, Pimento Cheese Potato Salad and it was die for. Everyone had seconds and clamored for the recipe. It was the hit of the barbecue.
So it got me thinking, what if I made Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs. I mean that had to be just as delicious right?! Yes, yes it was! I Mashed the egg yolks with cheddar, mayo, a tiny bit of mustard, Worcestershire and of course pimentos. I should have double the recipe because they were gone! Devoured! Demolished! Another hit!
You have got to whip up some of these next time you make deviled eggs, trust me they are amazing!! They add just enough of a twist to add something new to the picnic table but are still a classic enough flavor to please everyone. The perfect side dish!
So get to boiling your eggs and shredding your cheese and make a dozen or two of these delicious eggs!
Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pimentos
- 2 teapoons mustard
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Place eggs in a large stainless steel saucepan (not nonstick). Add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a rolling boil; cook 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain. Gentle bounce the pot to let the crack a little.
- Place eggs under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Peel under cold running water. Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise using a fork. Stir in cheese and next 3 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into egg whites. Serve and enjoy!