This is a sponsored blog post; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by Bays English Muffins to review this product
Hey guys!! Today I am going to share with you an amazing recipe that I love!! Monte Cristo Bake!! Melty swiss cheese, savory ham, fluffy eggs and Bays English Muffins all baked up into one incredible dish!!
My favorite part? You can prep it the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning. I’m thinking this will be perfect for Christmas morning!
Of course when we think of English Muffins our mind usually goes to breakfast but they are so much more than that! You can use them as burger buns, make appetizers with them, the kids love mini pizzas on Bays English Muffins, you could even use them to make excellent garlic bread or french toast. You just have to think outside the box!
Our favorite English muffins are Bays, they are always fresh and soft and perfect! I think they stay so fresh because you find them in the refrigerated dairy case next to the eggs and milk.
You can get them in a few different varieties too like Bays Original, Sourdough, Multi-Grain and Cinnamon Raisin, there’s something for everyone!
I know you want to get some for yourself so head over to bays.com to find out what stores near you carry Bays as well as great Bays recipe ideas for breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner! I cannot wait to try the Pumpkin Spice French Toast recipe they have! Sounds incredible!
Also, make sure to “Like” Bays on Facebook for more great recipes and much more!
Now back to this amazing recipe! It is so easy to make and uses just a few ingredients. Eggs are whipped up with milk and seasonings, cheese and ham then quartered Bays English Muffins. All this soaks together overnight (or at least 6 hours) until everything becomes happy together.
Then you just pop the whole thing in the oven for about 40 minutes and out comes a heavenly dish perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
You serve it with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and some raspberry jam on the side and it is one fabulous dish!
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 BAYS English Muffins, any variety
- 8 ounces ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1-1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- Grease 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs, milk, mustard, onion powder and pepper in large bowl with whisk until blended. Cut muffins into quarters; add to bowl, separating all pieces. Add ham and half of the cheese; mix well. Pour mixture into baking dish, pressing muffins into egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate for six hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 38 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown and heated through. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with powdered sugar and raspberry preserves.