“This post has been sponsored by Kraft Heinz. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
Hey guys!!! We are smack in the middle of summer!! Grilling out is in full force! With 2 boys and a hungry husband, summer nights are often filled with good old Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs and Kraft Mac & Cheese. It is a classic combination, a staple dinner that stands the test of time. How could it get any better, right?
Well the other day I was doing my Walmart shopping (I use the Grocery Pickup, and omg is it life changing!!!) and I was just adding some of our favorites to my cart like Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs, Heinz Ketchup, Kraft American Singles, Oscar Mayer Bacon, and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (which I love that I can buy in a 5 pack because we definitely go through a lot of it).
Looking at all these ingredients and knowing that they would become hot dogs and mac & cheese for dinner, I started thinking if there was a way I could change it up a little. I wanted to put a little twist on them and surprise my family by jazzing up their favorite dinner.
My kids will eat anything if you put it in a tortilla, so I thought about how fun it would be to put these ingredients into one Loaded Mac & Cheese Quesadilla!
So I gathered my ingredients and got to work, and it was so easy to make these!
You just lay down your tortilla in a skillet and build! Kraft Singles go down first to give you that ooey gooey grilled cheese melt. Then crispy Oscar Mayer Bacon and their classic hot dogs go on top of a bed of everyone’s favorite Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Then a little more American cheese and you top it off with another tortilla.
Cook it up a few minutes on each side and serve it with Heinz Ketchup for dipping.
- - 1 box Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, made to box directions
- - 4 Oscar Mayer Wieners
- - 8 slices Oscar Mayer Bacon
- - 8 Kraft American Cheese Singles
- - 2 flour tortillas
- - Heinz Ketchup for dipping
- Make Kraft Macaroni & Cheese according to box directions
- Cook bacon slices
- Warm up hot dogs, either pan cook them or grill them (you can even microwave them!)
- Preheat a lightly greased medium skillet over medium heat
- Lay down a tortilla in the pan
- Lay down a slice of Kraft American Cheese torn into pieces
- Next add about 1/2 cup of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese to the tortilla, evenly spreading it around
- Next add 2 slices of bacon and a hot dog sliced into rounds
- Top with another slice of cheese torn into pieces
- Top with a tortilla and lightly spray that with cooking spray or butter
- Flip when first side is brown
- Once second side is brown, remove from pan and slice into quarters
- Serve with Heinz Ketchup for dipping
Of course I was a bit skeptical to give it to my boys who were expecting the usual, but they loved it! They were so excited to try their favorite dinner in a new and different way! We will still, of course, have the classic hot dogs and mac & cheese, but this is a new and fun way to serve it every now and then to shake things up!
I love taking these ingredients that are so classic, things we use everyday, and making them into something else. It’s beyond using Kraft Singles for grilled cheese, beyond a BLT with Oscar Mayer Bacon, and it’s taking things you already know are delicious and turning them into something fabulous!
So this summer, beat the heat and easily order all items for your summer grill out using Walmart Online Grocery Pickup, or simply pick up in store at a Walmart near you and stock up on all your favorites like Oscar Mayer Wieners for grilling, Heinz Ketchup for everything lol, Kraft Singles American Cheese Slices to top your burgers, Oscar Mayer Bacon (also to top everything) and that 5 pack of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese for quick lunches and easy side dishes. And of course, you can use these ingredients to make my Loaded Mac & Cheese Quesadillas for your family next time you want to shake dinner up!