I want to tell you guys about these amazing Cherry Cheesecake Bars!! You have to make them! They are so simple to make and beyond delicious!
The crust is made from a sugar cookie mix which adds a different twist from the traditional graham cracker crust. The filling is simple, creamy, dreamy and light. Then you top the whole shebang off by swirling in cherry preserves. O….M…G you have to try these.
I love that they are in bar form so they are easy to serve. These bars would make a perfect dessert for Valentine’s day or any day for that matter.
If you don’t like cherry, no worries, you can swirl in any flavor of your favorite preserves or jam, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, even peach! Go nuts and even swirl a few of them together! That sounds wonderful now that I think about it lol!
So give these simple Cherry Cheesecake Bars a try!! Your tastebuds will thank me (even if your thighs don’t)
- 1 pouch, 1 lb 1.5 oz sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 packages, 8 oz each cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4-1 cup cherry preserves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 8x8 (for thicker bars) or 13x9-inch pan (for thinner bars) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour and 1 egg until soft dough forms. Press evenly in pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 2 eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread evenly over crust in pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the preserves onto the cheesecake filling. Use knife to pull spread from side to side through cream cheese mixture to create swirls. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set (you still want it to wiggle in the middle slightly). Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.