It’s almost Christmas!!! Are you ready? I am not lol! At least I am getting my baking done and this recipe cannot be simpler. It’s that time of the week again, the Cookies Series from Dana and I where we each share an amazing cookie recipe perfect for you to bake this holiday season.
I recently discovered how much I love to make, photo and of course eat meringue cookies! They are amazing, gorgeous, are made with 3 basic ingredients and are delicious!
They are so simple to make and you can flavor them a variety of ways, this week I am sharing a Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookie Recipe.
These cookies are crispy and just melt in your mouth literally!
All you need is 4 egg whites, a little cream of tartar and sugar and you can make amazing meringues too!
So get out your mixer and whip up a batch of these for your next holiday get together and you will impress everyone I promise!
Though I must say the drawback of making these is you will not be able to stop eating them! My family actually fights over crumbs of these cookies!
So try them for yourself you will love them!!
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. (If using a freestanding mixer, use wire whisk attachment.) Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Beat in extract. Gently stir in chips, if desired.
- Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto 2 large foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake both sheets of meringues at the same time 45 minutes. Turn oven off. Let meringues stand in oven 1 hour or until completely cooled.
Looking for more holiday cookies? Check out Dana’s Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting! Yummy!
Check out our cookies from the last weeks!