Sweet, crunchy, and a touch of salty make the perfect melt in your mouth Caramel Corn Puffs that are a snap to make! I am not too big a fan of caramel corn as it always seems too crunchy and too kernely, so I always just pass it by.
But this stuff is different!
Made with butter flavored corn puffs the flavor is rich with a tinge of salt, the puffs are crisp and melt in your mouth instead of breaking your teeth and the best part? No kernels!!
All that makes this the perfect snack. It is so addicting and it doesn’t help that it is so easy to make, you don’t even need a candy thermometer.
You can whip this snack up in no time and be on your way to delicious snacking in a blink.
I plan to make this on Halloween for us adults to munch on while walking the block with our costumed kids. It just seems like the perfect thing to eat on that crisp fall evening.
So whip up a big batch for your family and friends, I promise they will love you for it!!
Caramel Corn Puffs
- 1 bag butter flavored corn puffs I use Cheeto Brand
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Bring the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter to a boil.
- Add the baking soda and stir.
- Pour the corn puffs into a cake pan and pour the caramel over, stir to coat
- Bake at 250F, stirring every 10 minutes for 45 minutes.
- Spread out on wax paper and break into piece to cool.