Today is the perfect day for this comforting classic!! We are expecting anywhere up to 10 inches of snow today!! This Philly Cheese-steak Mac & Cheese hits the spot.
All the flavors of a perfect philly cheese-steak all mixed into a creamy cheesy sauce and baked with bow-tie pasta make this dish a winner. I caramelize up onions and green peppers and they just take it to the next level!
I serve this for dinner all the time, I just add a little salad on the side and my family is satisfied.
So next time you want something a little different for dinner, something hearty, something warm and cheesy, just make this Philly Cheese-steak Mac & Cheese and your family will be happy!
- 14 Frozen steak-ums
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups provolone, I just cut up deli provolone
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- Saute up the onion and green pepper in a little butter or olive oil.
- When caramelized removed from pan.
- Break up the frozen steak ums and saute them in the pan till brown.
- Drain the steak on paper towels.
- Bring pot of water to a boil and add in pasta. Drain when done.
- While pasta is cooking in a saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in flour and whisk till combined.
- Pour in milk and whisk.
- Bring to a bubble and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to low and add in cheeses and stir till melted.
- In large bowl combine the onion and pepper, beef and bow-tie pasta. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour in cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- You can serve as is or place in a baking dish and broil slightly till top is brown.
Want more comforting goodness? Head on over to Dana’s and check out her amazing Homemade Chicken Tenders.
Check out the rest of Comfort Classics Series!
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Easy Homemade Shepherd’s Pie
DIY Home Sweet Home
The Country Cook