Hi guys!! When I start thinking about Spring my mind fills with lots of springy desserts. Something about Spring just screams banana pudding, I have no idea why, it just seems like it should be an Easter staple. So around here it is :)
We used to make the classic banana pudding with cool whip and vanilla wafers. Then came Paula Deen’s recipe which has cream cheese in it, yum! She subs out the vanilla wafers for chessman cookies. It is heavenly.
The other day while shopping I threw a package of Golden Oreos in my basket, because you should have those on hand at all times lol. Then when browsing the baking aisle I spotted the banana pudding. Put two and two together and this delicious recipe was born.
The recipe is the same as Paula’s except made more decadent by the addition of those yummy Golden Oreos. They make the most amazing addition to this already delicious dessert. Plus the yellow and white are just so springy, bonus!
So pull out your mixer, crumble some oreos (and snack on one or two ;) and make this luscious dessert!
Ultimate Banana Pudding
- 1 and a half packages Golden Oreos
- 3 3 ounce packages instant banana pudding
- 6 cups milk
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12-ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
- Mix the pudding and milk till smooth.
- Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- In your trifle bowl start building your layers.
- Cookies (I do whole cookies around the edge and fill in with crumbled cookies.)
- Cream cheese mixture next.
- Another pudding layer.
- Another cookie layer.
- Final cream cheese mixture layer.
- Crumbled cookies on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!