This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute Rice. All opinions are 100% my own.
Hey guys!! The holidays have snuck up on us again! Between shopping, wrapping, baking and decorating the last thing I want to do at the end of the day is spend lot’s of time in the kitchen cooking dinner. If I have been making fudge and decorating gingerbread men all day, I do not want to spend too much more time in there lol.
So when the holidays roll around I look for quick comforting meals. Just because I am busy does not mean I don’t want a nice warm meal to end a chilly busy day.
So instead of stressing over dinner I just make sure to keep my pantry stocked with Minute® Rice. I love Minute® Rice because I can have fluffy white rice ready in just 5 minutes and since it is the base to so many of our meals it is a huge time saver!
Minute® Rice can be so helpful during the holidays! Not only do I use it to make quick meals during this busy season but Minute® Rice is perfect for making meals for potlucks this time of year, creating traditional holiday meals and even stretching those leftovers into fabulous new meals.
You can visit HERE for over 400 recipe ideas, great for any day of the week and any time of the day, and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products.
So my holiday gift to you is this Southwestern Stuffed Pepper Skillet.
I love this dinner because it is quick and easy yet comforting and hearty. Everything you need to get through this chilly holiday season.
A quick mixture of beans, corn, seasoning are mixed with the rice and then topped with cheese. Dinner done! You can serve this as is for a meatless option or feel free to throw in some ground turkey!
- 1 cup Shredded Colby CheeseS
- Small onion diced
- 1 can, 15 oz. black beans, rinsed
- 1 can, 11 oz. corn, drained
- Minute Rice
- 2 each green, red and yellow peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
- Taco seasoning packet
- 3/4 cup water
- Saute the onion and peppers until tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add in taco seasoning packet and 3/4 cup water.
- Add in the corn, black beans, onions and peppers.
- Make the Minute Rice according to box directions.
- Mix the rice with the veggie mixture and top with cheese.
- Place a lid on the skillet until cheese is melted.
- Serve to your hungry family!
So don’t stress this holiday season, just make sure you have plenty of Minute® Rice on hand this holiday and dinner will always be just minutes away.
What easy meals can you make with Minute® Rice?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.