I got an awesome new contributor for you guys today!!! Jen from Carlsbad Cravings! Her recipes and photos are amazing!!! You can follow her and all her yummies here —->
I am so excited to be a guest contributor on Life with the Crust Cut Off! I want to sink my teeth into all of Parrish’s drool worthy recipes!
I’m Jen from Carlsbad Cravings and I love creating extraordinary flavors (spices are my forte!) out of everyday ingredients. But today I wanted to share one of my summer inspired desserts. When I think of summer, I think of the beach and bonfires. We have a huge fire pit that Patrick’s (my husband) brother welded a stand for, so we simply plop it anywhere on the beach and get the fire blazing. Friends will be surfing, paddle boarding, chasing, kids, making sand castles, etc., but when the s’more fixin’s come out, everyone gathers around.
He loves them so much that I surprised my favorite man with his favorite cookie.
He liked it :)
And so will you! Soft, chewy, graham cracker cookies nestled with gooey chocolate and slightly toasted marshmallows…
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Hershey bars, broken
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Cream together butter and sugars; mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks until well combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove and quickly press marshmallows into cookies. Return to oven and cook until done, about 3-4 minutes.
You might also like:
Follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes!!